Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gestational Diabetes

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:35 PM
  • 4 Replies

Well, this is my 4th pregnancy, and I just found out that I have  gestational diabetes with this pregnancy.  However, it isn't the first time that I have had it.  The first time that I had it was with my 2nd son.  I did a horrible job following the diet.  With my 3rd son, they put me on medications right away.  Well, since I just found out that some of the numbers were high, they are suggesting diet first.

My question for you ladies that have gestational diabetes is:

How or what are you doing to stick to the diet? (I am having cravings for sugar)

Thanks!!!bow down

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Here is a bump for you momma

jesselswick
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:50 PM

it's not the sugar but the carbs. Just limit your carbs and you should be fine. No noodles with corn, peas or bread. Limit breaded foods, broccoli, green beans and watermelon are all free foods. Limit red meat and lean meat is the best! You should never have more then like 35 g of carbs in one sitting. Also, making your meal last 30 min or longer can help with your levels.

rebecca_bullard
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:50 PM

I dunno. I had it with my 2nd and all I wanted to eat was pancakes with syrup. So I did. lol I wasnt good at sticking to the diet either. But because of it, he was 9lbs 2 oz.

I am 32 weeks now..and havent done my glucose test yet. I dont wanna do that diet again lol

mrseckstein
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 8:21 AM
I never had it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)