Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

35 weeks/3 days (on 8/4) and at 4cm

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:39 PM
  • 22 Replies

So at 35 weeks and 3 days, i went in for my weekly appt. i was 4cm, and 50% effaced.  For the past three weeks i have dilated atleast a cm.  what im wondering is how long will my doctor let me go with me dilating every week before i am admitted.  i dont have my next  appt until next wed.  i was just wondering if any other mommies had to be induced because they kept dilating.  with my first child, my water just broke (at 35 weeks) and that was it.  i will be 36 weeks tomorrow, so now im just getting anxious.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JEM86
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:40 PM

i dont know...but here is a bump for ya!

abra
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:41 PM

It depends on the doctor, but unless there is a medical reason to induce, you can decline if you want. I was 4cm, and fully effaced for 2 months before I had my first daughter. Thankfully, I wasn't dilated at all with my second daughter and she was born 4 days later! Good luck, mama!

Bamanna
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:42 PM
I don't think they will admit you till either your water breaks or you are in active labor (consistent contractions).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monichella71787
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:43 PM

My doc admits at 5 CM. 

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Dilation doesn't mean a thing without contractions and water breaking. You're not even full term yet so they wouldn't induce you because of dilation. Some women dilate over weeks, some don't dilate until contractions start.

Sit back, relax and when you're getting contractions good and hard, you'll get to go to the hospital.

Good luck!

lundaylove
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:58 PM

no one will induce because of dialtion. i was at 4cm for over a month and nothing. you're not even full term yet. you can even lose that dilation and go down to 2-3cm too

YoRkIeMaMa2009
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Idk...But I'm at 1cm ight now and they said for me I would have to be contracting alot more and make it to a 2 or 3 during the contractions. I'm waiting for another cm to hit so I can have my Csection :)

***Proud Army Wife of an Infantry Soldier***

C-section On August 31st !!!!!!

MegHPand3
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:34 PM

i was 3 cm dilated at 36 weeks and then i went to 4cm for 4 weeks after that. and i went to 42 full weeks with him.

orange4agua72
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:38 PM

You still have time! I went like almost 3 weeks being dialated to 4cm (and still having sex at least once a day), and even then I had a scheduled c-sec. So, I honestly don't think they'll do anything, dialation is not dangerous. GL mama!

doulala
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:41 PM

If there is no complication, usually moms will be in active labor when they are admitted.    This can have to do with dilation, but contractions will be present.     Water breaking isn't always an indication of labor--  or dilation, etc.     But consistent contractions will usually do it.

;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)