Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extreme Pelvic Pain. Help

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

Background Info: about 2 weeks prior to my daughter, Ellie's birth I began having extreme pain in both hips, thighs, lower back and basically my entire pelvic region. I couldnt lift my legs, walk to the bathroom or anything movement related without crying. The OB I saw at the naval hospital assured me I was fine and that it was normal even when I was crying in pain in his office. The pain lasted for about 3 wks after her birth (c-section) and it wasnt eased by pain killers, warm baths, walking or anything.

Now:

I am 12 wks 3 days pregnant with my 2nd child. Starting around 7-8wks I began to experience the same pain. Now its so bad that I want to stay in bed 24/7 (but with an overly active 18 month old that aint happenin). I havent talked to my OB yet my next appointment is August 25th. Ive tried warm baths, light excerise, going to a massage therapist even the chiro and NOTHING has helped. I even tried one of those maternity belts and that made the pain worse. Has anyone had this amount of pelvic pain so early and what was the outcome. Most days it hurts to even put on pants!!! HELP

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
abra
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:49 PM

I'm not sure what it is or how to handle it, although I am having a similar problem over here. It hurts to move! :-(

kaygarcia97
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Quoting abra:

I'm not sure what it is or how to handle it, although I am having a similar problem over here. It hurts to move! :-(

Its been suggested that maybe its SPD but everything I come across says that it doesnt happen till later on in the pregnancy

abra
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Yeah, I usually just figure that it is my hips loosening and shifting but it really hurts! I can't pick up my kids, or bend over or anything without it really hurting.

lundaylove
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:55 PM

SPD can start at any time during pregnancy. with my twins it started at 20wks with my son it started at 16wks. Its hell, physical therapy,chiropractic care and massage therapy can help but the only relief is birth. I will tell ya it lingered after my csection but immediately it was gone after my vbac. *another plus to having a vaginal birth*

kaygarcia97
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Quoting lundaylove:

SPD can start at any time during pregnancy. with my twins it started at 20wks with my son it started at 16wks. Its hell, physical therapy,chiropractic care and massage therapy can help but the only relief is birth. I will tell ya it lingered after my csection but immediately it was gone after my vbac. *another plus to having a vaginal birth*

I tried all those things and it never made a smidge of a difference in fact it was always worse. Thats great that yours went away. Mine lingered after my c-section and Im sure it will this time, I loved my c-section

Lullababy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:59 PM

I go to the chiro for it.  Each pregnancy is worse for me.  Even when I am not pg it can pop out just from not paying attention.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)