• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Concerned about appetite.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am 32 weeks pregnant.... and with my other 2 kids, by this time I could out-eat anyone! I remember eating stacks of pancakes with my 2nd. I was always hungry by this point in pregnancy.

With this one, I have no appetite. I keep waiting for the hunger to kick in, but it never does. Nothing even sounds appetizing. I have to FORCE myself to eat anything. At my last doctors appointment, in 2 weeks I had LOST 2 pounds. This is generally something that happens earlier in pregnancy....and when the babys nutritional needs are smaller.

Im worried now, because I hardly eat..and her nutritional needs are greater. The doc said the baby is doing fine though.

I dont know......anyone ever had this happen this late in pregnancy??

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
abra
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:56 PM

My appetite is always hit and miss during my pregnancies. Are you taking your prenatals and eating when you are hungry?

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Yep, it happened with my last pregnancy.  There was a good time frame later in the pregnancy where I just was not hungry...I wondered too what was going on with me.

mommyof3boys567
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:58 PM

I am 35 weeks today and that is how my appetite has been ssince about 5 months..I have only gained a total of 13 lbs this pregnancy it would have been 15 but I lost 2 within the last two weeks...I think it is fine and my dr hasnt said anything to me about it.I usually eat two meals a day and no snacks because my appetite is just not there.

rebecca_bullard
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Quoting abra:

My appetite is always hit and miss during my pregnancies. Are you taking your prenatals and eating when you are hungry?

Yes and no. I dont GET hungry. Like....at all. I dont have morning sickness or nausea or anything like that....I just dont get hungry, have the need to eat, etc.... My DH tells me I need to eat...I cook for everybody else... but then look at food and think "no thanks". Eating anything is just kind of unappealing.

abra
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Your body will tell you if it needs something. I got sick over the last two weeks and now as I'm pulling out of it, I'm craving all the foods that have the vitamins and minerals I'm lacking. I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you aren't "dieting", which you aren't, the baby will take whatever nutrition it needs from you. I only gained 10lbs total with my last baby, but she was born full term, happy and healthy at 7lbs 12oz!

Quoting rebecca_bullard:

Quoting abra:

Yes and no. I dont GET hungry. Like....at all. I dont have morning sickness or nausea or anything like that....I just dont get hungry, have the need to eat, etc.... My DH tells me I need to eat...I cook for everybody else... but then look at food and think "no thanks". Eating anything is just kind of unappealing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)