Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnancy and stroke

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:02 PM
  • 9 Replies
I had a stroke on june 18. I was in the hospital for 4 days, the drs don't what caused it. while there I had x-rays done, mris, and a trans-esophageal proceedure done...they sent a camera down my throat to take pics of my heart, where they found a tiny hole (it was too small to be measured) that I've apparently had since birth. I was given baby aspirin daily and shots in my abdomen to prevent clots (can't remember name, but think it started with an L). I was fine within hours of the stroke. The cardiologist wanted to put an umbrella in the hole to close it, which now since I'm pregnant, has to be postponed til after. he also wanted me to start taking plavix, but I never did. when I first went to the er, they gave me a pregnancy test before they did all the x-rays and stuff...of course, since I was literally only a day or two along, it wouldn't have shown on a urine test. I haven't seen my ob yet, so I'm not sure what if ajy effect there would be on the baby. I guess I'm more or less just curious if anyone else has gonw through something similar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
abra
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:04 PM

I haven't, but here is a bump for you. Best of luck.

Hecate9
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:02 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orange4agua72
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:09 PM

WOW, glad to hear you're doing well, that's AWESOME.

I honestly have never heard of anything like this, but here's a bump!

YoRkIeMaMa2009
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Idk about beforehand, my stroke happened during delivery while pushing my first son out. But he was fine even with all the blood pressure meds they gave me. But I was 37 weeks along.

***BUMP***

***Proud Army Wife of an Infantry Soldier***

C-section On August 31st !!!!!!

Hecate9
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:16 PM
the neurologist that I saw said that depending on what my ob thinks that I may now be considered high risk...and hubby is concerned about stress from pregnancy and in labor...he even suggested the possibility of terminating (I don't think so). He just always worries about any possibilty, its frustrating though because I am excited...I love babies...lol, and he refuses to listen to me when I say things will be alright...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsWilmot
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:28 PM
Wow hon, I'm glad you are doing well and congrats on the pregnancy :D. I am wondering though if you had any symptoms leading up to the stroke you had. I have what they call complicated migraines but they are said to be able to turn into a stroke or something like that. Just wondering, if you don't mind sharing that is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hecate9
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:02 PM
no, I had no symptoms at all before hand. hubby and I were out on the trampoline that night after the kids were asleep, we were having some "adult time", lol, and during hubby asked me to move my left leg cuz it got heavy...and I thought I did, but I moved my right leg. then he starts freaking out and runs to get his phone. I was still trying to figure out what was wrong with him, he calls 911 and is telling them to send an ambulance. I kept trying to tell him I was fine and didn't need any help, at least thats what it sounded like in my head...all he heard was blah, blah, blah. he said what alerted him was the left side of mu face was drooping. once the emt got there I realized what was going on and that I really couldn't move the left side of my body. It completely went away on its own after about an hour 1/2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krystel.justice
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:05 PM

BUMP!

Hecate9
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 3:51 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)