Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birthday rant.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

so its my 21st birthday.. i can't have my first drink because i'm pregnant.. which i don't really mind because i don't drink, its just the fact of the matter.. i had to go to a family reunion with my husband's family today.. it was good at first because it was just a bunch of old people and i could spend all day with old people because they're quiet and can tell a bunch of good stories.. but then their grandkids and all got there and ive never seen so many hellious children in my life.. and the parents weren't much better because while the kids were screaming they'd just cover the kids mouth  with their hand.. and they were rough about it..  i really wanted to tell the parents that was an AWESOME way to calm down a child...

on the way back to town from the family reunion we were riding in the left lane and some idiot in the right lane suddenly decided to turn left and hit us.. and i was freaking out because i'm 36 weeks pregnant.. it was scary even though we were in my husbands mom's huge tahoe and it only felt like we hit a speedbump.. the other people were in a mustang and it tore their car to peices.. nobody was hurt and the other people admitted it was their fault and felt really bad once they saw me and my hugeness get out of the car..

oh and tonight i have to go with my husbands family again to stone mountain park near atlanta.. not my favorite place to begin with and especially now since its hot as hell in georgia and i can't handle this heat since i'm pregnant..

so i'm kinda bummed on my birthday since i really would be happy just spending time with my side of the family but all this crap got planned for today.. my mom did just show up though and is cooking me a strawberry cake which is my favorite so maybe it won't be too bad.. i did finally talk my husband into going to one of my favorite local resturaunts for dinner so lets hope we can enjoy that before we get rushed off to go with his family to watch a laser show that i've already seen a million times and didn't even think it was that cool the first time..

thanks for letting me rant..

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Vandyswife
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:47 PM

im so sorry momma.. i was pregnant on my 21st birthday too. and it kind of sucked cause no family is around since we are military. DH had to work that day and we went to red lobster for dinner. that was the extent of it....

Jonathan101909
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:49 PM
Cake helps everything:) I'm sorry!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriaherring
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:52 PM

we're military too so i haven't been able to be around my family for my birthday in a while.. and this year my husband just got home from a deployment so he's on leave and we're visiting family (we're both from the same town)

Quoting Vandyswife:

im so sorry momma.. i was pregnant on my 21st birthday too. and it kind of sucked cause no family is around since we are military. DH had to work that day and we went to red lobster for dinner. that was the extent of it....

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Happy birthday momma.  What a day...I am happy you and baby are okay.

victoriaherring
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:17 AM
so I went to the crap laser show with my husbands fam... we had to walk at least a mile to sit on a grassy hill to watch it and then a mile back to the car.. I feel like super crap and it caused the baby to drop and seriously wouldn't be surprised if I went into labor really soon.. pray I don't until I get back to my doc on wed. we are 9 hrs away.. I got the ok to travel because this pregnancy has gone so great.. I didn't foresee us getting into a wreck and walking until the baby dropped though... I feel so beat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)