• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Steroid question!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:09 PM
  • 7 Replies
Im trying to look it up on google, but some websites are blocked here at the hospital! I was hoping someone here might know!

We've gotten 2 rounds of steroids for Dylan's lungs (and we will get a "rescue steroid" when the Pre E turns to HELLP and we need to deliver). What Im wondering is, will the steroid only effect his lungs? Or will it help with his weight at all? Will I possibly notice a growth in my belly size before delivery due to the steroids?

I wanted to research all this stuff more before I actually GOT here! Wasnt really expecting to be here so soon! LOL Thank you girls for whatever info you have or can find!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:28 PM

hey hun, I dont know much about them and hubby just came home (otherwise I would do research for you), but here is a bump

JEM86
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:33 PM

totally didnt mean to give thecongrats charm..sorry

I am not positive....but I believe it does...at least from personal expirence. My daughter wasborn at 35 weeks5 days weighing 6 pds 10 ounces and she had the shots! AND I am POSITIVE on my conception date!

Sweet_Britt
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:41 PM
LOL!!! Thats ok!

Thank you! Im at 28 weeks and I SWEAR that my belly seems bigger today then it has! I mean, I guess, of course its going to keep growing since baby is getting bigger, but I swear its bigger in these few days...LOL

Quoting JEM86:

totally didnt mean to give thecongrats charm..sorry

I am not positive....but I believe it does...at least from personal expirence. My daughter wasborn at 35 weeks5 days weighing 6 pds 10 ounces and she had the shots! AND I am POSITIVE on my conception date!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Britt
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:41 PM
Thats ok!! Thank you for reading <3

Quoting meam4444:

hey hun, I dont know much about them and hubby just came home (otherwise I would do research for you), but here is a bump

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YoRkIeMaMa2009
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:42 PM

I had steroids at 29 weeks when she weighed almost 2 lbs. She now weighs around 6 lbs...so yea she def put on weight, but her lungs are mature now so it's all for the better.

***Proud Army Wife of an Infantry Soldier***

C-section On August 31st !!!!!!

Sweet_Britt
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:53 PM
How far along are you now??

Quoting YoRkIeMaMa2009:

I had steroids at 29 weeks when she weighed almost 2 lbs. She now weighs around 6 lbs...so yea she def put on weight, but her lungs are mature now so it's all for the better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YoRkIeMaMa2009
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:02 PM

35 almost 36 weeks.

Quoting Sweet_Britt:

How far along are you now??

Quoting YoRkIeMaMa2009:

***Proud Army Wife of an Infantry Soldier***

C-section On August 31st !!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)