Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:32 PM
  • 12 Replies
Lately I have ben having a lot of trouble breathing. I've also been really dizzy and yesterday I almost blacked out completely at work. I was just talking with a customer and everything started fading to black. I sat down just in time, but it was scary. And there have been times when I can't take deep breaths and I feel like I'm suffocating. It can last up to fifteen minutes. After, I have horrible headaches and feel weak. My heart feels like its racing.

I have talked to my doctor about it, and she figured it was due to dehydration. But its been after eating and drinking. I drink a lot of water. I haven't lost any more weight due to being sick.

Anyone else had this problem? I'm only 16 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:49 PM

It sounds like a blood pressure or blood sugar issue perhaps?  I am not entirely sure.  I had that happen to me a few times when pregnant too.

abra
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:09 PM

I have low blood pressure and faint regularly when I am pregnant, especially when it is hot out.

doulala
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:10 PM

I would guess that your uterus is encroaching in the lung's territory and blood sugar levels are low and/or maybe you're dealing with dehydration.

How's your protein?   Iron?

lfrrll5
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:11 PM
I have this problem when my blood pressure gets too low

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:58 PM
Everytime its been checked my blood pressure has been normal. And I carry around a 32 oz water bottle all day and refil it at least once.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnitaVersion2.0
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:00 PM

The baby can press on the lungs and other organs, and also press on different nerves.

sweet_mommyof1
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:03 PM

it could be dehydration though. you drink a lot of water.. but your electrolites help with baby too so drink some juices throughtout the day as well.. Anything to keep your electrolites up and maybe it's a sodium intake.. anything is possible but drink juices throught the day too..

MissLizabutt
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:04 PM

I have had issues w/ getting really dizzy and blacking out completely, I have done it twice so far and I am 21 weeks. both times I was out in public by myself, the first time i was w/ my daughter and the second time completely by myself....i went to the hospital after the first time and all the doc told me was the dehydration thing and something about bad blood circulation...hope everything gets better for you!!!

doulala
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:19 PM
Quoting ColieO:

Everytime its been checked my blood pressure has been normal. And I carry around a 32 oz water bottle all day and refil it at least once.

And what about blood sugar, protein, iron?

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

ColieO
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:21 PM
I do drink juice and milk as well. We usually have orange or cranberry juice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)