Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wives tales boy or girl?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:39 PM
  • 21 Replies
So DH and I find out what we are having in 6 days! Super excited! So anyways we are all (us, family and friends) making bets on what the baby will be. What are some old wives tales you ladies have heard? There's 300 dollars on the table so come on ladies help me win! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kimwilson16
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Higher heart rates equal a girl.

halleys_mommy_1
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:55 PM
Do the Chinese gender thing!!! Was right for both my kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:55 PM

I have heard of girls having faster heart beats.  Or, if you carry the baby straight out, you are having a boy.  Good luck momma..none of these proved to be true for me.

maybebaby83
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:57 PM

I have heard ALOT but none of them have been true LOL...

I heard if you carry low its a boy. WRONG im low and a girl.. My sister was high and a boy...

I've heard if you gain all over its a girl.. WRONG im all belly and only gained 23 pounds (im 36 weeks)..

also about the craving.. sweet for a girl , salty for a boy... That one is tough for me lol.. i like a little of both!

The heart rate thing is wrong.. my little girls heart rate was VERY low the first 6 months then sped up

BUT the chinese predictor thing did work for me! LOL.. who knows!!

abra
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:01 PM

The chinese predictor was off for me all 3 times.And I carried both my girls low and my son high.

Both my daughters had heart rates in the 180s, my son has always been in the 150 range.

I am way hairer with my son then I was with my daughters and my sex drive was is in high gear carrying a son (extra testosterone).

Good luck!!

sweet_mommyof1
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:09 PM

here go here. for me it's a 67 % chance for a girl and 33 for a boy.. so again we have a girl.. over 90% of my test come up girl.. what will yours be?

SnowboardMama4
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Chinese gender was right for both of mine too!  but it can also be wrong lol

britsanj
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:13 PM

the chinese gender thing, playing around with that thing was cool!!

http://www.thebump.com/calculators/ChineseGenderChart.aspx 

britsanj
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Quoting SnowboardMama4:

Chinese gender was right for both of mine too!  but it can also be wrong lol

this is true, but it is however, over 90% accurate as well, HOW DID THEY DO IT, ancient chinese geniuses....

saralouise
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:16 PM

if your belly touches your boobs it's a girl, if you can fit your hand between there without pushing anything out the way, it's a boy lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)