• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For mom with or pregnant with twins??

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:36 PM
  • 4 Replies

I know there no way to know for sure until you have an ultra sound but have a few ?s.

A little info 

I had a ultra sound at 5 weeks.  we saw one heartbeat.  I been having crazy dreams all with more than one child. my 3 year old swear there two babies. (he say a boy for me and a girl for you mommy) Plus i know usually with your second you can show earlier but im already showing quite a bit. im only 14 weeks and i look the same as i did when i was 7th months. (which btw i only gain 20 pds with my son so it wasnt much.). 

Anyways 

did you have an early ultrasound did it show one or both?

If it show one when did/how you find out there was more?

Did you have any hunks that there was more than one?(i.e dream, feeling, kids saying so lol)

Add anything else. I go listen to the heartbeat Monday for the 1st time, hoping to find out something then. But have to wait til middle of Sept to have another ultrasound.

babies

baby development
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
OutlawMUA
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:45 PM
They saw both at 6wks, easily.
I showed quickly but most second time moms do. It's bloat and will go away. I look the same now (27w) as I did at 7wks because it was bloat then and bump now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeanieGirlNYC
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:19 PM

I am having identical twins and we were clearly able to see our twins during an internal sonogram at 6 weeks and hear their heartbeats.  We came back 3 weeks later and very clearly heard the heartbeats and saw our two babies.  I then had an ultrasound at 14 weeks and there was no mistaking that we were having twins.  I just had an 18 week ultrasound yesterday and they are doing great. 

missy_03
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:35 PM

When I had my first U/S at 10 weeks, it was the internal one, and we could see and hear both very clearly. We had a feeling we were having twins since I felt sick earlier and decided to take a test at 3 weeks....it was positive! They are now 7 weeks old today and are perfect! =) If you are prego with twins be sure to see a doc that has dealt with twin pregnancies before and take good care of yourself it's not an easy task carrying two little ones at the same time! GL with your pregnancy!

wendy13335
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:40 PM

We could see both babies very clearly at our first u/s which was at 7 weeks and heard both heartbeats...Have you mentioned something to your dr? If not then definetly talk to them about it...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)