• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Red respberry tea! MUST READ!!!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:47 PM
  • 24 Replies

SO, about a month ago a user posted if red raspberry tea could be used for inducing.

this will for sure change your mind.

I was due on Aug 6 but was trying to start my process because i was tired of being swollen. Well tuesday the 3rd my boyfriend wasnt feeling good so he decied to stay home from work. instead of coffee that morning i decied i should start drinking my tea again, to get my uterus ready for labor. Well i drank my tea and about 3 mins later i got the worst cramps. i mean horriable, hulk smash pains. i wanted to punch a wall. First one started at 12:04 lasted 54 seconds and the next was at 12:09. the pain  was so intense i could not even track how fast they were coming. we got to the hospital at 12:45 and i was 8cm . i never felt any small cramps or any thing before the tea. At  2:00 i got my epi and at 3:46 Axel was born C section.

does red raspberry tea throw your butt into labor?

very much so!

Bailee <3

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovingIT2008
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Hhhuuummmm = )

maybebaby83
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:51 PM

In about 4 weeks i may be trying this! LOL.

FHCrossyfxxxx
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:51 PM

I think you must have been due to go into labour anyway because it does not start labour.  It is used to make the uterus softer and therefore make labour easier.  It WOULD NOT work that quickly.  Over here we take it in the tablet form aswell and it is used to help.  I know of loads of women who have taken it and drank the tea and it did not have this effect.

truealaskanmom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:53 PM

I drank the tea through my entire pregnancy and it only strengthens the uterus, so in you case it was likely coincidence, it is not and induction tool it just helps you uterus more effective during labor

TotallyWarped
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:54 PM
I may try this and if it doesn't work, meh, at least I'll have been drinking liquids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FHCrossyfxxxx
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Quoting truealaskanmom:

I drank the tea through my entire pregnancy and it only strengthens the uterus, so in you case it was likely coincidence, it is not and induction tool it just helps you uterus more effective during labor

we are advised not to drink it before 36 weeks as it can induce miscarriage.  Is it maybe a different blend that you used or does it not advise that where you are? Just curious?

palemoon21
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Exactly. My herbalist has had me drinking this tea since the first trimester and I am 32 weeks pregnant now....and STILL pregnant. It only strengthens your uterus it does not induce.

ForeverInLove
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:57 PM
Too bad that woul,kt do much for me except make me puke...
I can only handle about a half-glass of brewed teas and my stomach gets upset. If I force it, it makes me sick. Don't know why.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truealaskanmom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Quoting FHCrossyfxxxx:

Quoting truealaskanmom:

we are advised not to drink it before 36 weeks as it can induce miscarriage.  Is it maybe a different blend that you used or does it not advise that where you are? Just curious?

No it is just red raspberry leaf tea, and you can drink it the entire time, some say not to in the first trimester in case but that is usually just an over precaution.  I was a VBAC so I used it the entire time when I could stomach the taste (nasty)  that way I had a stronger uterus.  

FHCrossyfxxxx
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Quoting FHCrossyfxxxx:

Quoting truealaskanmom:

No it is just red raspberry leaf tea, and you can drink it the entire time, some say not to in the first trimester in case but that is usually just an over precaution.  I was a VBAC so I used it the entire time when I could stomach the taste (nasty)  that way I had a stronger uterus.  

Ah right, ok thats cool. was just being nosey :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)