• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about scheduling c-section?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:38 PM
  • 13 Replies
I'm 27 weeks by my lmp but by my ultrasound I'm 28 weeks my due date is November the 1st by lmp but October 28 by my ultrasound and this will be my very first schedule c-section but second c-section total and I'm tryin to see around what week ofpregnancy would they schedule me to come in and also what procedures do they do when u get to THE hospital for being admitted Thanks for all your support
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CAMKsMom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:43 PM

I had to come in the day before my c-section to have labs done.  Standard for all c-sections at my hospital.  My OB scheduled my c-section for 39 weeks.  I also had to fill out and send in all paperwork ahead of time.  There was an insurance form and a health/medical form.  When I got to the hospital, they had my info already because I did this.  Just talk to your OB about this stuff and they should be able to guide you through the process.  If you can't talk to your OB, call the hospital where you will be delivering.  Congrats and good luck.

Ati_13
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:46 PM

It depends on your provider.  Some like to schedule you at 38 weeks, some closer to 40.  Unless you have a condition like placenta previa it is possible to wait until labor starts on it's own if you wish to, in order to make sure that baby is really ready.  This might be a good idea with the discrepancy in your due date.  Is there a reason that your doctor doesn't want you to start labor?

As for the procedures when you get to the hospital, usually they will have you fill out the admitting paperwork, sign your concent forms and start an IV.  They will put your baby on the monitors for a little bit while they run a bag of fluid into your veins and then move you to the OR for the surgical prep.  You will recieve a spinal block (if that is your choice for anesthesia), the drape will be hung and they will proceed with the surgery.  It's not that much different from checking in to the hospital for any other reason :)

aphrodite7400
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:51 PM

never had a scheduled one, but GL. :) 

saralouise
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:56 PM

If I remember correctly, they always scheduled my sister at 40 weeks. she never actually made it to a scheduled appointment. her water broke the night before on all 5 appointments

bakinbuns
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:14 PM

i have to go in 2 hours early for mine.... i go in in 13 days, and i get labs and meds done and then i go in for my c- section .... Good luck mama

pregbug
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:43 PM

i just had a scheduled c-section 2 weeks ago.  dr does it at 39 weeks, they cannot do it any sooner than that.  when you get to the hospital they get u into a regular labor and delivery room and then you change into  a gown,get hooked  up to the monitors, start the IV, and you hang tight and wait until the anesthesiologist and your doctor arrive and are ready to go. you also sign a few forms and they put some hospital bracelets on you. then they walk you over to the OR , you get the spinal, they put in the cathetor (btw, request that they do that after the spinal so you are numb, they tried to do it while i was waiting in L&D and i said no way ) and 20 minutes later your support person comes in (hubby, mom etc)  within mintes baby is out.  Good luck to you and make sure you are all over scheduling your csection right at 39 weeks , they can go later if they get lazy! LOL 

cadlecr4
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Mine was scheduled for 371/2 weeks   the day before i went in and signed some papers, talked to the anesthesiologist then the following morning   i went to l&d    put an iv in and to the OR I went.  did my spinal and catheter and in came dr  pediatrician  and hubby

kyfiregirl
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:53 PM

usually schedueled 1 week prior to us due date, you get u/s,IV,thell talk to you and gets some vitals and check baby and ya get anasthesia and go in oh and some no throw up meds, very calm relaxed and easy! thats how it is here!

addavis06
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:56 PM

My ob says wks 38 and 39. This is my first scheduled c-section as well. I know that they start an IV and get all the fluids and started but other than that im not sure.

Shiquita_Woods
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 6:42 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)