Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

decrease in fetal movement- 37 weeks.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:48 PM
  • 17 Replies
I haven't felt my babygirl Anabelle move since yesterday morning. So, I am not at the hospital being monitored. Well of course as soon as they hook me up her heartrate looks great and she starts moving around. This is my first baby, so I am extra paranoid about everything. They told me to come in if I noticed a decrease so I did. Now I feel VERY silly. The worst part of being pregnant is all the worrying. I'm in the home stretch now, and I'm just wanting her to remain healthy and be ok. I'm glad I came in for piece of mind but I wish I knew how to relax a little more. Sending me home in 10minutes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessicaBays
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:49 PM
*i meant I am NOW at the hospital, not "not." Sorry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CAMKsMom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Glad everything was ok.  About now it's common to experience a decrease in movement.  Your little one is running out of room and that's normal.  Next time that happens, drink some ice water 2-4, 8 oz glasses and eat a sugary snack and then lay down.  Then, Over the next hour you should feel 6-10 movements.  If you don't, call your OB or go back to the hospital.  Even if your baby was born now, she would be in pretty good shape so try to relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.  Congrats!

meghs822
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:16 PM

i did that before, but better to go and feel silly then miss something being wrong!

maybebaby83
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I hear ya! my first pregnancy also.(a little over 36 weeks). and i have noticed the past few days she doesnt move nearly as much as she did.. but i think its normal.. they are running out of room! one site i looked on said as long as you feel them everyday they should be fine... not like it used to be with swift turns and kicks all the time! altho from time to time she still gives me a really good rib shot! lol...

Good luck mama!

mrspreggers14
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:57 PM

glad she is ok!!  I agree its better to be safe then to be sorry!! 

JessicaBays
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:22 PM
Thank you girls. I was embarassed but the nurses were sooo nice and said the same thing. I have an ultrasound Tuesday but I would have gone crazy worrying until then. I am getting soo excited/nervous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuLuThatsWho
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:28 PM

I remember freaking out about decreased movement at about 35 weeks with my son.  I called my OB, made an appointment to come in, cried to the nurse over the phone that juice, ice water, and all her other "tricks" weren't working.  I got all in a panic and was sure something was wrong.  I got in the car to drive to the doctor's office and some obnoxious, loud rap song came on the radio.  He started wiggling all over the place.  I never could figure out if I laughed until I cried or cried until I laughed, but I do remember making one very embarrassing phone call to cancel my emergency appointment.

They just get cramped in there toward the end.  Don't feel bad.  You are not by any means the first to do this!

LaurenStorm
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:33 PM

I did that too, my dr. made me feel so not silly. I really think it's better to be safe and the peace of mind alone is worth it.

chell.chell
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Lol, yeah my LO didn't move for 3 days one time so I went in to be monitored and as soon as they hooked me up she got the hiccups that lasted for over 15 minutes. We discovered I just have a very lazy little girl in there. She moves a lot now oddly enough now that I am 36 weeks she never stops. . But when she had all of that room she was super lazy. [:

Glad she is okay though!! I would have went in too!! This is also my first. 

nadyacaskay
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:15 AM

My son did this and he was just fine, don't worry momma.  It is completely normal and Okay to worry.  You're a first time mommy you're entitled to worry a little.  :)  Good luck and hope you don't worry too much. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)