Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

smart comebacks for rude people

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

So every woman who has ever had a baby or is even pregnant has had to deal with rude people saying something about their stomach or their children or something. I am just curious how you have dealt with it personally. With my 2 boys who are 7 and 2 I never showed and after they were born I had people come and tell me "wow, for your baby being adopted he looks a lot like you", I used to reply well thank you so much, and I am so for adoption but I actually gave birth. With this pregnancy I am 24 weeks with my first little girl and getting big fast and people are telling me how big I am and how bad my stretch marks are going to be, I just reply it is one of the pleasures of being pregnant. I decided to get fixed after this baby is born and people are rude about saying that is smart because "3 kids is plenty", which is not the reason I am getting fixed, it has to do with birth control not working for me and a few other personal reasons. Plus when doing grocery shopping, (i do my major shopping only once a month then just milk as needed) cashiers comment rudely as well. One of my friends from church who is a bit older than me (her youngest is only a few years younger than me and I am almost 27)  told me some comebacks that are not rude, they are actually nice, but to a rude person it seems rude...lolstork

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
clovismommy25
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:48 PM

I have SO many comment on "are you getting fixed after this one" I simply and calmly say "I'm sorry, since when is it your business about MY reproduction?" That usually does it! lol

Also, had a few comments on my age, 22, with a 4yr old, a 20mos old and this one I am 19wks, about me beign on welfare and baby daddys. They get a not so calm response of " all of my children have the same father, who I have been with for 8yrs, are not on welfare, have a great day asshole" I do NOT take kindly to rude comments about my family!

OutlawMUA
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:52 PM
I've actually never gotten any of those comments... ??? This is our third.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missy2058
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:00 PM

My family likes to comment about my weight a lot because I was super thin before I got pg, and I've put on a lot of weight.  They think it's funny, but I don't really.  So I had enough one day and said, "At least it's temporary, which is more than I can say for your face!"  LMAO

bbyblueAK
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:05 PM
i was 17 when i got preggo and 18 when i had my ds. i got huge ppl kept asking me r u having twins man ur gaining weight. ugh. lol. i took my couzins (twins) to the park and someone said to me wow u have one set of twins and ur having another set. ugh rude ppl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saralouise
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:11 PM

when I get 'wow you're big. How much longer?"

I say "what do you mean?" and act like I'm not pregnant.

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Actually, amazingly I've never really had rude comments.. I must have this look on my face of "if you make a comment, I'll kill you" bc IF people talk to me while I'm pregnant, they're really nice..

rebecca_bullard
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:29 PM

http://www.babyzone.com/mom_dad/parenting_humor/article/common-questions-great-responses-pg2

3 pages of comebacks for common questions asked about pregnancy, your children, etc etc

TotallyWarped
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:41 PM
When I was overdue with my DS, people kept saying "wow you didn't have that baby yet?" I would smile and say "yup I did but I shoved him back in there to keep him warm"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)