Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else getting headaches?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

I thought at first that its was just my hair bein to heavy (Its almost down to my butt) that was causing them but now im getting them alot i had one for 3 days strait there driving me crazy!

Is anyone else experiancing headaches alot now that there pregnant that they never did before?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mom2pres
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Yep. This is the 1st day in the last 3 that I haven't had one. I had them all the time with my daughter. I actually think that it was worse with that pregnancy than they are with this one. Normally if I take a tylenol when I feel it coming on, it will go away pretty fast.

4healthyeats
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:51 PM

not yet but my first pregnancy i would get this headache that would slowly build all day until i got sleep.  it was at the back of my head.  can't remember if was in the middle or closer to the neck. but i remember it was in a very specific location... and i found out later that it was the "pregnancy headache" b/c of the specific location maybe something with glands that are related hormone idk though. IT was very ANNOYING.

mikailas_mom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:52 PM

i have had a headache every day for 2 months! yes two months! its horrible and miserable. the doc said its ok because my blood pressure is good. and to make it worse tylenol doesnt take them away. another thing to look forward to going away once delivered!

missy2058
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Yup, pregnancy headaches are normal.  I got them off and on towards the beginning and into the 2nd trimester.  Most of the time I'd eat an apple, which really helped, or take a tylenol if it got too bad.  They did end up going away though by the 3rd trimester and I don't get them at all now.

ashnekol86
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Yes it is very common. I do not know how far along you are but bad headaches that last a long period of time can be a sign of pre-eclampsia so be careful honey. I am sure they are just good ole fashioned pregnancy pains though lol.

Allie01
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:10 PM

I suffer from migraines anyway but I get headaches all of the time when I am pregnant. I hate them, I just have to sleep when I get one because tylenol doesn't help and I can't take my migraine meds while pregnant!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)