• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tell me why

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

Random people think it's ok to touch your belly?  We were out last night at the boardwalk and some lady smiles starts rubbing my belly and says "is it a boy"?  I was too stunned to say anything.  completely floored. I totally forgot about this part of pregnancy.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Gender PredictionGet your own gender prediction!
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:01 PM

I'm sorry that happened but I would've loved for people to do that to me.. At least they would've been able to tell that I WAS pregnant.. LOL

MikeysMom51108
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Me too! With my son, I didn't show at all. So, with my daughter, I loved when people touched my belly or commented on it....at least I knew I looked pregnant!! Of course, I didn't have total strangers touching it.....just family and co-workers.

Quoting ElijahsMom211:

I'm sorry that happened but I would've loved for people to do that to me.. At least they would've been able to tell that I WAS pregnant.. LOL

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Silverkitty
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Some days I feel this same way.  No one seems to realize I'm pregnant and I'm 33 weeks tomorrow.  It's annoying.

Other times, I'm glad I don't have the random people coming up and rubbing my belly, I can see how it could get annoying too.

Cmyfantasyworld
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:08 PM

I honestly cant say that I have ever had that happen or even remember it happening lol.. And this is my third pregnancy. Mabye I just give off the "dont touch me" vibe lol... I do seem pretty stern at times

Tay-Brittnie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:10 PM

... the last stranger who did that I threatened to break her arm off.  Now, after the fact, I see that I overreacted... a lot, but I had just walked out of my house to take a walk after throwing my guts up all night and I was already crying.  Then, creepy, jogging woman runs up and grabs my stomach and rubs on it (by the way, I HATE being touched.  Before I became sexually active, it was a joke between my sister and my mom and I that I would be a "joy" in bed because I cannot stand people touching me!)  Either way, after I threatened the life of her arm, crazy jogging lady ran off and I have never had a stranger touch me since.  My sister said I give off a "don't touch me" vibe.  Apparently, not everyone picks up on it, because my mom's co-workers, my co-workers, and my family seem to think it's fine to rub on my stomach.  I just sit there and deal with it, because I'm tired of trying to politely explain that I have a skin-sensativity issue and to QUICK FUCKING TOUCHING ME!  :)  My boyfriend asks before he touches my stomach, but for some reason he can touch my stomach and my mom can and it doesn't bug me, but if anyone else does I get quite angry.  I don't know why.  It makes me feel bad for everyone around me. HAHA!

OutlawMUA
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:14 PM
That's never happened to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alfk2010
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:17 PM
I don't mind as long as they ask first!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alfk2010
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:18 PM
I don't mind as long as they ask first!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)