Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oi Vey! OT

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM
  • 9 Replies

i hope Rob gets this job ar Farmer's Insurance.. He went on a Ride Along w/one of the workers to get an idea of how the job works and such and the guy he was riding w/said that he started out at the mid $30s and, in the 6mos he's been working there, he's received 3 pay raises.. THAT would be GREAT!!!!

Currently our rental company is taking us to Court to get the 3mos rent that we owe them PLUS $29.17/each day that we are here.. The date's the 16th and I'm hoping that we can avoid going.. We plan on calling them on Monday and seeing if we offer them $500, if they'll reconsider taking us to Court and let us SLOWLY pay the off.. We owe them $2275. We are going to look at a house for rent for $1000/mo. MIL will be moving in w/us for a bit until we can find her a place to go and she will be helping us w/the monthly rent but I'm afraid that the fact that Rob only has 1 MAJOR part-time job that makes, AT MOST, $800/mo AND that our current company is trying to take us to Court will reflect badly on us on the rental application... I can only HOPE and PRAY that they will take a chance on us and trust us to pay them on time and not cause trouble.. Also that they will approve us bc we have 4 animals and the pet policy is on a case-by-case basis. I'm hoping that a cute 2yo and a cute 4mo will help sway them..

We are also getting close to having no food in the house. We have some cereal, rice, oatmeal, pasta, pb, jam, chips and salsa... We have 2 chicken breasts, MAYBE 1lb of frozen fruit and a few bags of frozen veggies in our freezer and that's IT. we have milk, water, bread, tortillas, leftover soup, rice and that's about it in our frige and that has to last for  AT LEAST another 2wks, if not 1month.. God help me!!! I am making an extra $50/mo (which will be used for groceries next month) and (w/cleaning an extra 2 apts a week) $40/wk which mostly goes to formula for Noah.. The other $20 goes to groceries but I'm tempted to just try to stretch the food, starve a wee bit if I have to, and save the extra $20 and add it to our "Costco Run Fund" which by the time we will be able to go will be about $60 which is enough for 2 boxes of diapers or a box of diapers and a box of wipes OR or 3 different kinds of meat..

I DO look forward to moving and starting over w/paying bills and rent on time, etc.. Keeping my home more homey and clean and getting better w/food managment and grocery bills and cooking at home more (we're doing about 4 times/wk now if not 7).. Just, starting over and actually behaving like adults and parents and not having to worry about HOW to pay a certain bill, sounds appealing..

Wish us luck!

MEGAN Group MOD

Proud Member of Work It Out Sexy Mama!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MikeysMom51108
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Have you applied for food stamps? Maybe not the most ideal situation, but if you need the help, take it.

We're in a similar situation, though, we're now climbing out thank goodness! I had to take maternity leave 5 weeks earlier than expected, and I started school which had a lot of up front costs that I wasn't aware of. We ended up getting our gas and cable/internet shut off, and the electric company was threatening to turn us off. Our bank account was $700 negative cause we had to keep borrowing against for food and gas money. We're also 3 months behind on our rent. Thanks to a great friend though, our bills are now paid up, and our rent will be paid next week. My bank account is still negative, but it will be paid 2 weeks from now when my husband gets paid again.

Anyway, just know that you're not alone! Good luck and I hope he gets the job!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:07 PM

I'm still working on getting Rob to apply for food stamps bc the REASON why we haven't paid our rent or most of our bills until they threaten us is bc we have to use what little money we have left for food.. Rob's having a hard time w/his pride and I'm trying to urge him to push through it and do it (I'm assuming we'll need his paystub and only HE knows where it is). He looked up info last night and I'm hoping that Monday we can get things in motion for him to go and apply; I think we'll need his birth cert or his ssc card and he doesn't have either, plus I need to locate the kid's Proof of Birth and put them w/MY birth certificate so that we at least have that info should they need it. I would LOVE to get food stamps so that we can use the measley amount of money we're getting right now to pay some bills... I just REALLY hope that Rob gets this job!

Quoting MikeysMom51108:

Have you applied for food stamps? Maybe not the most ideal situation, but if you need the help, take it.

We're in a similar situation, though, we're now climbing out thank goodness! I had to take maternity leave 5 weeks earlier than expected, and I started school which had a lot of up front costs that I wasn't aware of. We ended up getting our gas and cable/internet shut off, and the electric company was threatening to turn us off. Our bank account was $700 negative cause we had to keep borrowing against for food and gas money. We're also 3 months behind on our rent. Thanks to a great friend though, our bills are now paid up, and our rent will be paid next week. My bank account is still negative, but it will be paid 2 weeks from now when my husband gets paid again.

Anyway, just know that you're not alone! Good luck and I hope he gets the job!!

MEGAN Group MOD

Proud Member of Work It Out Sexy Mama!

minnie99q
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:13 PM
trust me ive been there we got evicted and had no place to go we were looking or 8 months well we ad to leave the apartment becaue the judge said so so we had to in one weekend pack 3&1/2 ears of stuff plus 1v month twin stuff and put everything in storage we went to a hotel with a weekly rate of 280/week and stayed there for 2 months we used all the rest of our tax income just to survive. we moved into this aapartment the middle of june and things are just now starting to straigghten out. we still need a dryer but its nice out so we can hng stuff and we had to get foodstamps because we just couldnt find anyother way for a family of 4 we only get 190 dollars but trust me it gets the job done!!!! good luck to you and keep your fingers crossed ill be praying for you!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 3:24 PM

BUMP!

orange4agua72
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 3:30 PM

You can go apply for food stamps! (at least here in Indiana you can even do it online). I know it sounds sneeky to do behind hubby's back, but you gotta do what you have to to get your family food and shelter! If his pride is getting in the way, then YOU just do it and he won't even have to think about it! And honestly if you have little or no income they should expidite the food stamps and you can get them right away, litterally before you even have to turn anything in. Also, they will give you either 10 or 30 days (depends on the item and what it's for) to turn stuff in, so you have time. And also, what about insurance? You should apply for the kiddos for that too!!!!

I'm SO sorry you're in this situation right now mama, HUGS!

naijamom06
by on Aug. 9, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Have you tried govt funded programs such as section 8, WIC, food stamps? I believe you can go to your local offices to apply. I am not too sure how they work but with your limited income, I am sure you will qualify, there really is no harm asking for help when you truly need it. Also I would recommend signing up for a money management class or something, it will help you and Rob manahe your money more effectively...HTH

rileysmommy229
by on Aug. 9, 2010 at 8:48 AM

can u get wic to help w/ formula?

good luck!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 9, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Thinking of you momma!  Hope everything will come together for you soon!  Big Hug!!!

mrseckstein
by on Aug. 11, 2010 at 9:11 AM
Oh wow you poor girl. I suggest food stamps and WiC. Also there are some states that will help with a lower rate to pay your electric/gas! At least in Ohio there is so you can find help from the power company.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)