Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

another mucus plug question.....sink or float?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 4:18 PM
  • 13 Replies

So this is weird.. but if you lost your mucus plug and it was in the toilet.. would it sink or float?

I think i might have lost a piece of it today, but it was floating.. i thought that it would have sunk to the bottom? Weird i know! but im not sure if i lost a piece of it or maybe it was something that was in the toilet before i sat which i doubt b/c i am a HUGE checker before i sit down....

Pregnancy%20ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
majikalmama
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 4:20 PM
Idk but bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxlilmomma09
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I don't really remember what happened when I lost mine.. But I sure hope it was your mucus plug.. Means labor is near!

kysmom642
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 5:05 PM

idk. lol. great question because I wanna know too. I was using the bathroom and something was in the toilet but it was at the bottom. I thought it was just toilet paper..

rileysmommy229
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2010 at 5:07 PM

i lost peices of mine for a week before i went into labor...it was always on the toilet paper...kind of brown and mucousy.

victoriaherring
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2010 at 5:11 PM

mine sank, well part of it did, the other part was on the TP.. but i'm sure it could possibly float too. if it looked like mucus in the toilet then it was probably your mucus plug, sink or float..

maybebaby83
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 5:35 PM

LOL thanks ladies!

doulala
by Emerald Member on Aug. 19, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Mine sank when I lost them.

maybebaby83
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Hmmm... okay thanks!! Myabe i didnt lose it.. I dunno! I think i start looking WAY to into everything now that im so close to the end!

Quoting doulala:

Mine sank when I lost them.

kysmom642
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Can they be different colors?

Faithums
by on Aug. 19, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Cervical mucus will sink in water and semen will float and then dissolve in water.. When I lost my mucus plug it just sunk to the bottom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)