Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

over-active uterus?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2010 at 7:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

so now that I kind of have an idea what my body is doing, I am wondering how people deal with 200+ contractions per day that are painful, take your breath away type contractions, that even wake you up at night.

How do you get enough sleep while pregnant, or, get stuff done when everything makes them worse. (Even kissing my husband makes me contract! LOL)

they aren't concerned about labor today, and won't want me to come back in unless I am having 12 or more per hour of the 45-60 second long ones, but I have 8-10 of those per hour roughy and like 12-20 little ones inbetween that are just under 30 seconds.

No one seems overly concerned about my having an active-uterus or not being normal, but no one can really tell me options on how to cope with it either, or when I really should be worried that its causing issues.

I gues maybe my uterus is a little baffling.

I figure there's got to be other mom's here like that,. that may have experienced something similar and what helped you?

by on Aug. 20, 2010 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mrs.Evans87
by on Aug. 20, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Hurray! We are in the same boat!!! I've had that going on for 3 weeks now. Contractions 5 min apart lasting 45-60 seconds.I have been monitored like crazy and it's always the same story. When they did get stronger I went back in and they told me since the contractions weren't doing anything to dilate or efface me to not come back until I was bleeding or my water broke. I haven't found anything to help with it and my Dr. said all he can do is write a prescription for vicodin and I refuse to take that. They aren't concerned about it and just said I'm one of those women that just contract. Although that was not the case my first pregnancy.

kajira
by Emma on Aug. 20, 2010 at 7:21 PM

thats exactly whats happening to me, started at 18-19 wees pregnant, i'll be 25 weeks pregnant this sunday.

I am fucking miserable.

they aren't even monitoring me, I had to push for them to keep an eye on my cervix...

this isn't at all like my first baby.

they told me "oh, its because you carry second babies lower"

except she's breech, sideways and laying high up under my ribs and I just had an ultrasound to confirm that. ;o lol so their theory makes no sense. LOL

i was told take tylonal PM for sleep-aid and contraction pain.

They obviously have never had these kind of contractions. These long-term ones are worse then the labor I had with my son. it's the "overly tired" from being used non stop that makes them so bad and nagging after a while. and I feel them in my back and stomach.

They make me kinda cranky, but they don't really stop me from, doing anything... just irritate me.

Quoting Mrs.Evans87:

Hurray! We are in the same boat!!! I've had that going on for 3 weeks now. Contractions 5 min apart lasting 45-60 seconds.I have been monitored like crazy and it's always the same story. When they did get stronger I went back in and they told me since the contractions weren't doing anything to dilate or efface me to not come back until I was bleeding or my water broke. I haven't found anything to help with it and my Dr. said all he can do is write a prescription for vicodin and I refuse to take that. They aren't concerned about it and just said I'm one of those women that just contract. Although that was not the case my first pregnancy.

abra
by on Aug. 20, 2010 at 7:22 PM

I am so sorry! That is horrible! Occationally, I'll have a glass of wine at night and that usually helps calm my braxton hicks. But def check with your doctor first.

Mrs.Evans87
by on Aug. 20, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I'm 36 weeks so luckily I don't have much longer. I had one nurse tell me it's because I had a c-section with my first due to her being breech and my body just doesn't know how to have babies. I think no one really knows what to think about it or how to deal with it. I told my husband it's like I'm doing sit-ups non-stop and I better have a 6 pack when she's born. I found that a  heating pad seems to help with my back but nothing really helps significantly, not even extra strength Tylenol. And Tylenol PM is a joke....I have to get up all the time to pee so really it doesn't help me sleep better.lol!

Quoting kajira:

thats exactly whats happening to me, started at 18-19 wees pregnant, i'll be 25 weeks pregnant this sunday.

I am fucking miserable.

they aren't even monitoring me, I had to push for them to keep an eye on my cervix...

this isn't at all like my first baby.

they told me "oh, its because you carry second babies lower"

except she's breech, sideways and laying high up under my ribs and I just had an ultrasound to confirm that. ;o lol so their theory makes no sense. LOL

i was told take tylonal PM for sleep-aid and contraction pain.

They obviously have never had these kind of contractions. These long-term ones are worse then the labor I had with my son. it's the "overly tired" from being used non stop that makes them so bad and nagging after a while. and I feel them in my back and stomach.

They make me kinda cranky, but they don't really stop me from, doing anything... just irritate me.

Quoting Mrs.Evans87:

kajira
by Emma on Aug. 20, 2010 at 7:36 PM

oh thats funny. well i had my son vaginally, and I haven't had any sugery, so my uterus is fine and knows what its doing.

I just don't understand how they can ignore an over-active uterus and not even be semi-concerned that it ight go into preterm labor though. I don't kind understand that concept, but I'm trying to just wait and see what happens. LOL

Mrs.Evans87
by on Aug. 20, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Well on preterm labor they did go ahead and say that's what it was for me but I was at a wierd stage where meds to stop it were more harm then good and meds to progress things are more harm then good. It's a no win situation.lol! I am really glad I am not the only one experiencing this though!!

Quoting kajira:

oh thats funny. well i had my son vaginally, and I haven't had any sugery, so my uterus is fine and knows what its doing.

I just don't understand how they can ignore an over-active uterus and not even be semi-concerned that it ight go into preterm labor though. I don't kind understand that concept, but I'm trying to just wait and see what happens. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN