Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

twins

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:48 AM
  • 10 Replies

I went for my ultrasound today just expecting to see the sex of a baby not to see twins... I have older sisters that are twins so I knew they ran in my family but I am in total shock. The irony of it all is that we were not able to see either babies sex.... Any advice is welcome I have been through childbirth before but twins...... Its a bit overwhelming

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
housefullofkidz
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:56 AM

That is so exciting!  did you not have an early ultrasound?!  congrats!

sandra107
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:00 AM

awww congrats i know i would be very overwelmed as well but so excited two little babies lol awwww congrats!happy

miyucamui
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:15 AM

usually, depending on the position of the babies, they will try to deliver vaginally. but if its breech they will do a c section. I think c section is more likely though. And also its hard to carry to full term so try not to do anything that would put stress on you. I am not a doctor but I am going to med school.

mrseckstein
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 7:48 PM
Aww congrats! What a miracle!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof312124
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 7:51 PM

How exciting!! yay! was this your first ultrasound?!?!

lolo0636
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Yes it was my first ultrasound and up until two days ago we all thought i only had one baby in my belly. They lady puts the thing on my stomach and says how do you guys feel about twins. Since then the shock has worn off a lil and the excitement has kicked in. Baby a is measuring 18 weeks 2 days and a heart rate of 172 and baby b is 18 weeks with a heart rate of 143 both weighing about 8 ounces. Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement I am just worried about premature labor and how big I am actually going to get because right now I look like im about 5 and a half months which now makes sense to me since I have twins but before I was trying to figure out why I was showing so much :-) I'll keep you all posted and if anyone has any name suggestions they are more then welcome we had one for each but now since we were not able to see the sex of either of them due to their position i should probably have two names for each sex... Thanks

doodlebug1103
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Wow, congrats to you...that is exciting and overwhelming all at the same time!

aubreyluv
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Oh wow that is Awsome.. I keep dreaming im having twins but it doesnt really run in my family so i doubt it will happen to me.. plus only one heart beat when the doc listens... cant wait for my ultrasound!!

littleegirl
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 12:11 PM

How exciting...congrats!!

rebecca_bullard
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 12:17 PM

wow how awesome...congrats. i always wanted twins..but no such luck. My 3 yr old and 2 yr old are very close in age and as close as ill get to having twins. With baby a having a high heart rate and baby b having a lower heart rate...maybe theyre boy and girl. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)