Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

latest recalls????

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:37 AM
  • 11 Replies

if anyone knows of recalls can we post here??? once we get moved we will be hunting for things and i dont want to get anything recalled off craigslist or anything!!! thanks!!

and for those that dont know- do NOT throw out your recalled items!!!! no matter what shape they are in or how old you can take them back to the store and get your $$$$ and get something BRAND new!!! we had a not soo pretty shelf/bin thing that a friend passed down to us and it wasnt pretty but it was recalled so took it in and got something similar but BRAND NEW!!

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamNStefanMommy
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:54 AM
My friend cheated LOL Bought a recalled crib off CL for like $50 and then took it to the store and got it replaced for free. So she basically paid $50 for a $200 crib.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashmarie08
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:56 AM

all i can think of his sweatshirts/hoodies w. strings, but i cant imagine many people buying that kind of clothing for their baby anyway & of course the drop side cribs =)

starreyedcutie
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:57 AM

EGGS are recalled...all the info is on Yahoo

JessicaMchurch
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:20 AM
I did this too! but not intentionally lol but im glad I did! I got a new crib plus extra replacement parts so now I have an extra crib to give to my preggo friend

Quoting SamNStefanMommy:

My friend cheated LOL Bought a recalled crib off CL for like $50 and then took it to the store and got it replaced for free. So she basically paid $50 for a $200 crib.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamNStefanMommy
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:24 AM
I thought about doing it myself. Walmart will sometimes just issue a gift card for the crib amount. So then I could have extra money for diapers and clothes LOL Sadly there are ALOT of people selling things on Ebay and CL that have been recalled. and people still buy them to use. But I say if you find a loophole use it.

Quoting JessicaMchurch:

I did this too! but not intentionally lol but im glad I did! I got a new crib plus extra replacement parts so now I have an extra crib to give to my preggo friend

Quoting SamNStefanMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamNStefanMommy
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:26 AM
Oh and if anyone has recalled baby items, Babies R Us is having a recall special event. You bring in recalled items and get 10% off new items. I think it lasts until the middle of September.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamNStefanMommy
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:27 AM
Cpsc.org i think is the website for recalls as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wiser_then_ever
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:35 PM

lol maybe i WILL be buying recalled items - drrr idk why i didnt think of just doing that to get a lil more towards new!!

mrseckstein
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 8:35 PM
i love this website

Quoting SamNStefanMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
palemoon21
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Me too!

Quoting mrseckstein:

i love this website

Quoting SamNStefanMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)