Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Infant socks - must have or waste of money

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:10 AM
  • 19 Replies

Infant socks - must have or waste of money

GROUP MOD    Fall 2008 babies 

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amy31308
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:13 AM

summer- waste

Winter- must have :)

Even though they fall off alot I'll still use them if the baby isn't wearing a sleeper or something with feet in it.

kirstina
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:15 AM

You need socks. If you want to put shoes on them you will need socks. I loved putting socks and shoes on my babies. you have to put the shoes on to keep the socks on. If my dd I used tights more than socks.

aj_n_cielas_mom
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:15 AM

summer and winter MUST HAVE, your baby is used to being 98.6 degrees [your body temp, so unless your weather is 100 degrees all summer, any little breeze can be chilly for a newborn,  socks are MUST haves all the time.... i could never have enough! [there so tiny i lost a LOT of them lol]

Mrs.Custer
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:19 AM

must even in florida

khristayle
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:22 AM

a must!

expectingmomof3
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Waste of money!! If you have a summer baby then barefoot is the way to go! If you have a winter baby then of course they need to have warm feet, but socks will not stay on. Invest in some Robee's or something similar.

barbiegrl2488
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:24 AM

To me it's a MUST HAVE!!! just bc I LOVE tiny itty bitty baby socks!! ;) lol they are my FAVORITE!!!! lol... socks n shoes... plus, I'm due in Dec so it will be cold and he's gonna need them!!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
melibear5715
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Quoting amy31308:

summer- waste

Winter- must have :)

Even though they fall off alot I'll still use them if the baby isn't wearing a sleeper or something with feet in it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcm28
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:25 AM

must have. i always put shoes and sock on my kids. I was told with my first child its a way to get kids use to wearing them.

expectingmomof3
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:26 AM

I have never understood why parents put socks and shoes on tiny babies. Half the time they look so heavy for such a tiny baby. I mean they aren't gonna be walking. I have always liked the soft, fuzzy slip ons for little babies.

Quoting kirstina:

You need socks. If you want to put shoes on them you will need socks. I loved putting socks and shoes on my babies. you have to put the shoes on to keep the socks on. If my dd I used tights more than socks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)