Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hard Subject: Miscarriages

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:41 AM
  • 35 Replies

This is a hard subject for a lot of women and I know nothing eases the pain. Have you ever had a miscarriage? Did you TTC right after? How many have you had? How'd your SO/DH feel about it.

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShannaBee
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:47 AM
I miscarried last year. I was double devastated because we tried so long to get pregnant and I really wanted it badly. I was depressed for a very long time. We couldn't jump back into TTC because the miscarriage gave me a bad infection. It is the hardest thing a woman has to go through is the loss of a child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kelseyciarah
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:05 PM

I miscarried DH and I's first child March '09... I was 14wks along when we lost him or her. I went on BC right after and stayed on it for 6 months, then decided to stop taking it because we did infact want to try again and also the form of BC was not agreeing with my body... We were told fertility would not return for quite some time, but turns out we got pregnant 3 months after stopping the BC... So this child was definentley wanted and we were activeley trying, we just thought it would take a year or two. That first child wasnt planned, but after creating life for the first time, and then having it so crueley taken from me, I knew what I wanted out of life, and it was to be a mother.. Here I am 18 years young having what will be our first born, and I couldnt be happier.

LovingJayhawk
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Yes.

I've miscarried 3 times in the last 13 months.  We have yet to have a live baby.  I keep praying this will be it for us.

DH was especially sad after the last one (We thought I was 8 weeks--turns out the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks) since we were pregnant the longest with that one.  He has been super supportive.

BFP#1  7-23-09, EDD 3-31-09, miscarriage 7-26-09 4 wks 3 days
BFP#2  10-13-09, EDD 6-26-09, miscarriage 10-16-09 4 wks 1 day
BFP#3  1-5-10, EDD 9-17-10, missed m/c 6 wks 1 day,  
found@ 8 wks, 2-5-10, D&C @ 8 wks 6 days, 2-11-10
BFP#4  8-9-10, EDD 4-19-11   Hoping and praying for a sticky baby!!
Betas #1--37 (10 dpo) & progesterone=10.7
Betas #2--83 (12 dpo) & progesterone=22!
Betas #3-- 
My blog--Up Close & Personal
Lilypie Maternity tickers

L33T_G4MER
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:09 PM

After I had my oldest, I got pregnant right away, suprise! I miscarried at 17 weeks 5 days. I waited 2 years to try for another baby. Had my youngest. After my youngest, I got pregnant, Miscarried at 11 weeks. We tried again after my first period, and I got pregnant. I miscarried at 8 weeks. Then at 12 weeks we found out there was a fraternal twin in my fallopian tube and had to have my tube removed. My husband was upset, but didn't show me. He wanted to be strong for me. We are done now, When I had my tube removed, the dr removed my other tube because there was too much scar tissue and didn't want to risk me getting pregnant, any pregnancy would have been a tubal.

JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:12 PM

I miscarried my first.  TTC right after and did get pregnant with my now 3 year old.  Had another baby since then and thankfully didn't have another miscarriage.

I think the key when thinking about DH is to realize that they don't feel pregnancy the same way we do.  When I lost my baby hubby and I had a long talk because I didn't think he cared and I was SO upset about that.  But to him he just lost the idea of a baby.  He didn't feel the baby growing.  He didn't physically experience the miscarriage so to him it was just an idea.  And he just grieves different than I do. Plus he told me he was trying to be strong for me which to me translated into not caring.

I have a Christian miscarriage group if anyone wants to join :)

PiccoloMama
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I have had 2 miscarriages. One in 2005, I needed to get an D&C so we waited to start trying until 8 weeks after the D&C, we got pregnant the next month. Another one in 2007, I miscarried naturally (No D&C) got pregnant the next month. DH took both just as hard as I did, we didnt know what to do or think. We just started trying again as soon as we could and let nature take its course.

XoMommy2BeXo458
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:17 PM
I miscarried 3 times. My first was a blighted ovum, and the other two were chemical. We finally conceived last year around january, and gave birth to our beautiful daughter on October 8, 2009. We unexpectedly conceived our son February of this year, and he is due November 30.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoMommy2BeXo458
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:19 PM
I miscarried 3 times. My first was a blighted ovum, and the other two were chemical. We finally conceived last year around january, and gave birth to our beautiful daughter on October 8, 2009. We unexpectedly conceived our son February of this year, and he is due November 30.
We were completely devastated when we lost our children, and it almost broke up our marriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaitlynsmom428
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I have a 3 yr old daughter. Then I had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks. Then had a chemical pregnancy last month and now I'm pregnant again! We are praying for a healthy baby. 

mommieof
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:25 PM
I had a miscarriage 7 yrs ago between my 1st and 2nd child I was 8 weeks along. After the miscarriage I waited 5 months and concieved my now 6 yr old daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)