Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ehhhh stupid hospital. Vent

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:24 AM
  • 0 Replies

The Army hospital here will normally only do the "big" u/s for measurements and what not at 20 weeks. I had my 16 week appt on Friday. And with everything going on the DR talked about doing it earlier. He called antipartum diagnostics and when he got back told me they wanted to do it at 18 weeks because of everything that has been going on. See if they can figure out why I spotted from 6-10 weeks, woke up at 13 1/2 weeks bleeding heavily and passing large clots and  then spotted for the nect 2 1/2 weeks. Check if there is anything wrong with the placenta or if I have a subchorionic hematoma. They've also been checking my cervix on a regular basis since my mom had an incompetent cervix.

It was later when I got out of there and most things were closed so he gave me the number and told me to call Monday to schedule an appt with them for 18 weeks. I called this afternoon and it was nothing, but a fight. They flat out refused to schedule it at 18 weeks even though thats what the DR said he and antipartum had decided was best. WTH!!! After talking to the appt person twice and the lead nurse there and getting absolutely no where except upset and frusterated I called my DR.

I called... got to number 1 in line and then at 10 minutes on hold they hang up on you. Called again, back to #3 in line, got to #1 and hit 10 minutes and got hung up on again. A third time, finally got through. Three is actually the least amount of times I've had to call to get in touch with them. But that's another vent. The nurses had no idea so they were going to get the DR to call me and try to figure this out. Guess who never called me? And guess where you normally have to schedule an appt weeks in advance to get in. Ehhhh stupid stupid overwhelmed Army Medical Center.

I know this is a pointless rant, I'm just so frusterated with them once again.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)