Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nesting wouldnt be so bad if..

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:09 AM
  • 3 Replies
.. it wasn't for the fact that I don't get the urge until late evening.

my bodys on a night shift schedule because of work, so I sleep most of the day. so naturally, my nesting urges hit at like 6pm (thankfully I was off tonight). dd2 is a night owl, so when I got the urge to clean her room at 745 tonight, it wasn't a big deal. cleaned and completely reorganized her room. got done about 10pm. only thing left to do is vacuum it. obviously can't do that that late. so I sat downstairs with df for a little bit, then came upstairs and started doing our room again (second time this week). its almost 1 am and I still want to clean :( but no df won't let me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
RamirezMomOf3
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:33 AM
I clean at night after everyone is sleeping. I recently bought a Bissell steam mop and a Shark handheld steamer. The Bissell is awesome for my tile floors and really cleans well. The Shark is great for getting the sticky off of my granite counter tops, gunk from the shower door tracks, mildew from the shower tile, and making my oven spotless.

I just have to keep up so that when my little guy is born within the next 2 weeks or so I won't have problems keeping up the cleaning then ad my husband won't lift a finger to help clean in any way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bekfish84
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:35 AM

I am the same way.  And I've never worked a night shift so I don't know why.  But I just do better and get more energy at night.  So I've been sleeping during the day and doing stuff at night.

mamajones09
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:36 AM
I've always been a night owl too! Unfortuneately, DH is more of an early riser. And my 19mth old DD is pretty much on my schedule as well. She goes to sleep around 12-1am & i'm down by 3am. And we usually don't get up until 11:30, sometimes noon.
I don't know what we are going to do when the day comes that I go back to work...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)