Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anabelle Grace has arrived! Birth story and Picture :)

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:40 AM
  • 24 Replies

My baby girl Anabelle is here! She was born on August 24th at 1:52pm. She was 8lbs 1oz and 20 inches long. Here is my birth story!

We went in Monday evening on the 23rd at 6:30pm to begin being induced due to some complications with preterm labor/pre eclampsia. We arrived at the hospital, got settled in and they put in the Cervidil. My husband and my mom were with me. About 30 minutes after the Cervidil was put in, I began having contractions. As you know, Cervidil is generally used to just ripen the cervix. I was supposed to start Pitocin in the morning. The Cervidil began giving me extremely intense contractions. They began getting closer and closer together. It sent me into labor for absolute sure. This is my first child, and I'm going to be very honest. I've never felt such intense pain in my entire life. The contractions were becoming so close together that I had about 20 seconds to breathe in between. The pain got so intene, I began vomitting at almost each contraction. I did my best to labor through it. Somehow.. I made it through the night.  In the morning at about 8am, my doctor came in to tell me I had dilated to 4. By this time I was in so much pain that I agreed to the epidural. The epidural was put in.. and ALL pain subsided.. I felt fantastic and could focus on bringing my baby girl into the world. The Dr said i'd most likely have her at about 3 or 4 in the afternoon, 7 at the latest. The nurses came in periodically to check my vitals. Here is where things starte to go wrong. I developed a fever.. that began at 99 and slowly started climbing. They gave me meds to make it go down.. that did not work either. The Dr came in to have a look.. and at that time it spike to 102.. and my babys heartrate skyrocketed. In a matter of seconds, the alarm was hit... 6 nurses rushed in and the Dr looked at me and said "Your baby is in severe danger, we have to get her out NOW. Do you give me your permission to do a Cesarean delivery?" I burst into tears and said yes.. before I knew it.. they were running me down the hallway into the OR. I was so upset.. and kept asking for my husband. They prepped me, gave me more medicine in the epidural.. and finally my husband came in dressed in his scrubs and mask.. telling me it was going to be ok. I knew he was scared but trying to be strong for me. They began the csection.. and I did my best to compose myself. It was only a matter of seconds it seemed before they got her out. I saw them carry her to the table for a moment.. and then they told me she had to be rushed to the NICU. I was so incredibly terrified and kept asking if she was ok. I told my husband to go and be with her and that I would be fine as they finished up. It took them a long time to finish the operation.. as they could not get my bleeding to stop. I was very near getting a blood transfuction but luckily avoided it. I was in the recovery room when my husband came back to tell me that my sweet baby girl was ok.. but that she needed some help breathing and some antibiotics. The rest of the day is a bit of a blur for me. That night, I was able to be wheeled into the NICU to see her. She had so many wires and tubes, but I was able to touch her hand. I instantly fell in love with her. The picture I posted was taken the following night, after they removed her breathing equipment. She spent three days in the NICU then was released to our room. We went home on Friday, and I am SO proud to say my baby girl is healthy as ever and amazing. She is a love I have never known... and I am so amazed at how fulfilling being a mommy is. She is my world. Although I had a scary delivery, she was worth every single second and i'd do it all over again. :)

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
housefullofkidz
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:47 AM

She is beautiful! congrats!

michaelsmom08
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:48 AM
She's adorable congrats and u are a very strong mother
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ameliasmommy221
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:49 AM

Congrats!! I almost named my babygirl Annabelle Grace but we named her Emma Grace instead..it fits her better. Your baby is just so beautiful!

BabyColeman1
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:50 AM

Wow, what a scary story! I'm glad everything turned out perfectly for you all!

JessicaBays
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Thank you so much. Yes indeed it was pretty scary. I am so thankful for my Dr and for the NICU nurses. They were so amazing and took such good care of my girl. I'm still pretty sore from the Csecion 6 days later but very glad to be home.

jessihernandez
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:57 AM

I'm glad you are both doing well now. Congrats on your little girl! She is super cute!

JessicaBays
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:58 AM

*I meant blood transfusion... not transfunction. Sorry.... pain meds lol. :/ Also another note, I never did get the Pitocin since I was sent into labor. And I was at 39 weeks 2 days.

hawlee324
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:22 AM

Congratulations! Thank goodness you are both healthy and happy now. I'm sorry you had such a scare, she is beautiful! :)

anniebobannie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:40 AM
Congratulations! I'm glad it all ended up ok she is beautiful! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miyucamui
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:55 AM

shes adorable :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)