Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Totally not fair...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:16 AM
  • 6 Replies

Everyone says how good it is that when the baby drops they can breathe and stuff. Well cause of my size (I am 5'3" and most of that is legs) I have NO room in between my rib cage and pelvic area. Well I noticed that my stomach had shifted downwards some and that she seems to be head down because when she gets the hiccups its in that area. Also I have been having twinges in my area when she moves plus its been harder to walk or bend over it hurts. But yet I still get the feet in my ribs and can't breath cause of the pressure on my diaphragm. I wanna be tall(er) or is it the same just they have more room to spread out?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RamirezMomOf3
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:19 AM
I am 5' 4" and am having the same problem. This is my.third pregnancy and its a boy. My first two were girls and I think its funny how I never had breathing issues considering my first ended up being 8lbs 14oz.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
college.mom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:19 AM

I have the same problem, and I am 5'2 LOL!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Im sorry hun! 

confusedgirl919
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:15 AM

I have the same problem and I am also 5'3!!

jessicaaris
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:19 AM

I never felt any difference in how the baby was sitting (except when they were moving around). But with both of my pregnancies I had feet in my ribs up until the end. It does suck big time!! Especially when you get toward the end because the baby has no room to move either so it is like they are always in the same uncomfortable position. I am not there yet with this baby but she has been just like my others so I know it is coming.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
saralouise
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:19 AM

aw sorry. I think being tall definately helps. I'm about  5 8. I never have breathing issues throughout the whole pregnancy. I had 3 boys and carried them really low the entire time. Not sure about this one yet. it'll be over soon :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)