Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling down :( needing reasurance

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:42 AM
  • 12 Replies
So I am 39 weeks pregnant seen my doctor today and still no change only 80% efaced 1.5 cm dialated the baby is down really far down besides cramping all day n pooping no signs. Today dr.lile said if no baby on my due date 09/07 we scheduled an ultra sound to make sure all is well and he is gonna induce me but I am getting really sad like crying type sad because I don't wanna force her but i'm starting to think my body isn't gonna do it alone I dnt remember what sleep is since I am suffering from insomia. With that n gad I dnt know what to do noone around me to talk to they don't understand or remember any helpful words? :'-(
CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michaelsmom08
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:47 AM
Just hang in there and keep ur head held high just tell the doc if everything looks fine on the u/s u want to wait instead of being induced and if by 42 weeks ur baby ain't came yet then u want to be induced. They can't force u to do something u don't want done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
college.mom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:47 AM

I am two days past my due date and I have been having contractions 5 minutes apart for weeks. They just don't progress me.  I am scheduling my induction tomorrow, it will be on the week of the 8th of September.  I feel like I am going crazy or I am delusional because half the day is spent in tears from the contractions, but they arent doing ANYTHING.  I am barely one CM.

jessihernandez
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:51 AM

You just have to listen to your mommy gut, do what you think is best for you and baby. If everything is OK on the U/S, there really isn't any need to think about inducing until 42 weeks. Even then, if everything still looks good you don't have to induce. Don't worry, she'll come when she's ready. You can do this!

BUTTERCUP777
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:18 AM

Try to get your doctor to let you go one more week after your due date if you can stand it but if you do end up getting induced it's ok. You'll be fine either way. You can due this. You were made for it.

I have three boys. I was induced for my first and third. I remember that I had contractions everyday for a week before my first and they just never felt strong enough. The contractions do hurt more when you get induced so plan on getting an epidural. My second one was born around the holidays so we made an apointment for me to be induced but he came on his own completely natural the day before. He came four days after his due date. I remember I had contractions every Sunday, only, the whole month of December and he did end up coming on a Monday morning. My third I had to be induced again because of my history of fast births and because the doctor wanted to be there, the nurses delivered my second. LOL!!! I think I was having pretty strong contractions for about two weeks before he was born. So, yes, you'll be fine.

maanasee
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:18 AM

dont worry. it will go fine. keep no tension. whts wht to happen will happen in its own way. all will go well

Loving19mommy92
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:17 AM

BUMP!

MommyToBeOfTwo
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:20 AM
I was in ur place with my ds and I got induced at 39 wks bc I couldn't take anymore and I thank god I did.good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:26 AM

your body wont let you be pregnant forever...you just have to hang in there. Get active and stop thinking about it so much. Go for LOOONG brisk walks...im talking a couple hours here not 15 min. Doctors are SO QUICK to rush deliveries and it just makes it harder on the moms. You need to relax and try some natural ways to put you in labor....since you are already dilating you have a better chance of them working (try walking, sex, sitting on a exercize ball and rocking your hips, squats...i hear eating pineapple does something) Good Luck and stay positive...your baby can come any day now

marymarine
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:29 AM

I can't say I know "excatly" what you're going through but I was feeling pretty down yesterday. if you need "a shoulder to cry on" I'm here for you. I will listen and try to help. Hope you start feeling better

MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:30 AM

You don't have to be induced, hon. She can be up to two weeks overdue. :) Take it one day at a time. Try to take naps during the day. This is a time where your family needs to help you the most. :) Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)