Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm at my breaking point. *warning..it's long*

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:08 AM
  • 26 Replies

Yesterday was my due date.  I know that first time mommas usually are overdue and my cervix has been unchanging so I didn't plan on going into labor.  The day started out alright.  I had my doctor's appointment and that's when things started to go down the drain.  My blood pressure was slightly elevated.  They weren't too concerned butthey eventually checked my BP 4 times during my appointment.  My arm became so sore that I actually have a black and blue mark from where the cuff was.  That's minor to what will happen. 

They schedule me for an induction.  They strip my membranes.  All good things.  Now I finally have an end date set...September 7th.  Let's hope little man comes before then.

As we're leaving the doctor's office, our van doesn't start.  DF goes out and tries to fix it.  The battery isn't charging.  Eventually we get a jump (after we were in the blaring hot sun for almost 45 minutes) and we go on our way home.  He tinkers with the battery and eventually gets it to work.  It was an easy fix.  We get home with minimal problems.  He goes and gets the mail and I work on the car seat (yea...here I am on my due date FINALLY installing the car seat.).  Well...there's a problem.  The seat belts we have in our van cannot be used for a child restraint.  And there is NO way to fix this problem.  (which if he would have listened to me months ago and tried to install the seat we might have been able to get another bench seat for the van.)

When I started to freak out, I hear my DF in the background swearing.  A few weeks ago we paid our monthly car insurance and we got a notice that our coverage was being cancelled because it was unpaid.  I grab the reciept he got from paying the insurance and noticed that the clerk put the money towards another account!  WHAT?!  While I try to calm down from the car seat, I call the insurance company.  Of course they don't believe us.  Go figure.  Wr hop back into the van to go to the insurance office...and guess what?  Yep.  The van won't start.  Same problem as before.  We borrow my FIL's car to go to the insurance company. That gets straightened out.  (Thank God.)  Now it's back to deal with our vehicle.

DF works on the van again when we get home.  And determines the problem to be, again, an easy fix.  He gets it to start.   The battery is being charged.  YAY!  Until this morning.  It won't start again.  Not even a jump will help 

We can't afford to take the van to the shop.  The past few weeks money has been increasingly tight.  (I'm unemployed and my claim for unemployment is being held by my former employer.)   Not only that, but we can't even think about buying a new vehicle.  I have no idea what to do.

It seems like this week is getting worse and worse.  My doctor told me not to stress out at my appointment, but I really can't help it at this point.   Please, Mommas...give me some words of encouragement.  I've been crying non-stop since yesterday afternoon and I really don't know what to do anymore.

crying

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rileysmommy229
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:11 AM

i'm SO sorry mama! just know it WILL get better...it seems like when something goes wrong EVERYTHING goes wrong...at least thats how it happens here! your little man will be born soon and you will be SO overwhelmed with joy!!

SapphireMomma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Quoting rileysmommy229:

i'm SO sorry mama! just know it WILL get better...it seems like when something goes wrong EVERYTHING goes wrong...at least thats how it happens here! your little man will be born soon and you will be SO overwhelmed with joy!!

Thank you!  I know that once he's here things will seem a little better.  It just seems like when it rains, it pours.  I'm trying to just relax but it's so hard.  Generally I hate posting "woe is me" posts, but I need some support.  DF tells me not to worry but it's so hard for me not to at this point.

bubsmum04
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:49 AM
:hugs: I'm sorry you're having such a rough time right now. When it rains it does pour but just know that it will get better eventually. I know its hard not to stress and worry when things are going wrong back to back. I hope things start to look up for you soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SapphireMomma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Quoting bubsmum04:

:hugs: I'm sorry you're having such a rough time right now. When it rains it does pour but just know that it will get better eventually. I know its hard not to stress and worry when things are going wrong back to back. I hope things start to look up for you soon.

Thank you.  Things will eventually look up, it's all a matter of time.  I know things are tough, but they could be worse.  I'm just trying to stay postive.

MommaBoop922
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Im sorry :(  Thats terrible and extremely stressful and like everyone is saying when bad things come, they come in bunches... Have you guys looked for a used battery?  They are usually cheaper and you can put it in yourself just for now... we have done it before and it helped... Just try to take it easy and take some time to do something to clear your head (meditating, bath, shower just something to relax yourself).  Its important to be calm so that everything goes the way it needs to.  Soon things will look up and your LO will be here and you can enjoy him and being a mommy :D  *Hugs*  I really hope things get better soon!! Hang in there! 

palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:59 AM

*hugs* Sometimes life really sucks.....but REGARDLESS you are going to have a smile on your face as soon as you hold that baby in your arms. :) Just keep your head up.

saralouise
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:13 AM

aw I'm sorry. try to keep calm. What kind of car do you have that you can't put a carseat in?

SapphireMomma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Quoting MommaBoop922:

Im sorry :(  Thats terrible and extremely stressful and like everyone is saying when bad things come, they come in bunches... Have you guys looked for a used battery?  They are usually cheaper and you can put it in yourself just for now... we have done it before and it helped... Just try to take it easy and take some time to do something to clear your head (meditating, bath, shower just something to relax yourself).  Its important to be calm so that everything goes the way it needs to.  Soon things will look up and your LO will be here and you can enjoy him and being a mommy :D  *Hugs*  I really hope things get better soon!! Hang in there! 

The battery is brand new.  For some reason the alternator isn't charging it.  He worked on the van all weekend (he had to replace the water pump) so he's hoping it's nothing major.  I know things are going to get better soon.  They have to lol.   Thank you so much.  I took a long bath earlier, but I think I'm going to do it again.  Like I said, I just need some encouragement.  I know things will get better, it can't rain all the time.

SapphireMomma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Quoting palemoon21:

*hugs* Sometimes life really sucks.....but REGARDLESS you are going to have a smile on your face as soon as you hold that baby in your arms. :) Just keep your head up.

Yes he will soon be here and that is the only thing that is keeping me going.  In fact, I think he knows that I'm stressed out.  I was having a bawl-fest earlier and when I started really crying he kicked me and didn't stop until I stopped.  That's impressive especailly since he hasn't been too active lately.  I got one special son already.

SapphireMomma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Quoting saralouise:

aw I'm sorry. try to keep calm. What kind of car do you have that you can't put a carseat in?

We have a 1995 dodge caravan.  The seat belts are on the side panel.  It would be okay if it has a middle seat but it doesn't.  (Just two people can sit on the bench seat.)  DF thought that he could just strap the seat in and it'll be secure since "it's a minivan...it HAS to work."  but he's now seeing that it's not going to.

I know things are really hard on Greg (DF) because there is so much riding on him right now.  I'm lucky to have him but in the same sence we need to get this stuff figured out right now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)