Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so excited, I think I am feeling baby movement....Finally

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:59 AM
  • 8 Replies

So I've been waiting for this day for, like, ever!!!!!  It's alot different then I've expected.  Not in a bad way or anything...but hey I've never been pregnant before so I guess I don't know what to expect. LOL. 

The movement is pretty low in the abdomen, does that sound about right?  I really hope that I'm feeling baby and not just having muscle spasms. Although I've never had them in my stomach before.  What do you ladies think????

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
General_Mamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:00 PM

If it's like a tickling, bubbly, butterfly type feeling.. sounds like it to me :)

kitty8199
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:02 PM

I am waiting for that too, I am so excited waiting.  I hope it is for you.  That makes me happy for you.

Jenllong
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:02 PM

I felt them around 19- 20 weeks too.  I still don't think it feels like "butterflies". I totally agree that it feels like I'm having muscle spasms!

EmilyKC
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Quoting Jenllong:

I felt them around 19- 20 weeks too.  I still don't think it feels like "butterflies". I totally agree that it feels like I'm having muscle spasms!

I know that's why I've been questioning myself because it doesn't feel like "butterflies!!!"  I'm glad I'm not the only one!  LOL

sydjademom24
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Mine are very low....like right above my pubic bone. I have to move my undies to put my hand there to feel them. I have been pregnant twice before though, so I started feeling them earlier this time. It is an amazing feeling no matter how many times you've been pregnant. I could sit there with my hand on my stomach for hours...expecially after I eat. It's amazing to feel. :)

mommy1326
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:20 PM

mine is very low in my pelvic area. I just started to feel baby move too, regularly now!! Mine is more of an occasional thumping down there.

mamakristena210
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:25 PM

i would think it is the baby. ur at that stage whre lot ppl start feeling movement. itll get stronger and u will be sure. this is my second and im 23 weeks today and still only feel thelil movements. this one isnt as active and her sister was lol. my first was kickin the crap outta me at 18 weeks lol

deadpplrmyhero
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Congrats! I started really feeling my little guy move around 17 weeks. It is an amazing feeling. Wait until your SO feels it. I remember the first time my boyfriend felt him move. He got kicked right in the middle of his hand. We weren't expecting him to feel anything that early. It was like 21 weeks and it was right before bed! It's an amazing feeling! This is my first so It's AMAZING! 

Ohh and wait until you get even further along and you start getting kicked in the ribs and stomach! My little man puts his butt in my stomach!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)