Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Appt this morning, irritated

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:05 PM
  • 4 Replies

I had an appointment this morning, baby is wayy head down and anterior. Of course though, it was a different midwife, some one I never met before. Got a swab for Strep B. I'm irritated that it was a different lady, it's like ahh this military stuff is weird I guess, I just want to feel like someone "knows" me and I want to "know" them. I loved my OB back at home, I wish I was delivering in TX. And good way to motivate me "Well most women with their first babies go way past their due date" I KNOW THIS.. Don't remind me! LOL. And of course, this is my first and I would have liked to be checked to see if the contractions i'm feeling are the real deal, and I been losing my mucus plug.. I didn't even ask though because i already knew she was going to say "well I don't like to check because it's really not necessary"  I also didn't ask her because I never met her before..

Humph!

All I know is, Eliana needs to make her arrival soooon!

:)

Thanks for reading my vent.

Navy Wife to Sergio since February 27, 2010
Have a beautiful Baby Girl on the way; Due September 2010.
pregnancy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mamacifuni
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:07 PM
I know how you felt...on my due date I had an appointment and they wouldn't even check me even though I was having contractions and had lost some of my mucus plug
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacifuni
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:08 PM
o btw she came 5 days later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JavaMama11309
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:09 PM

My water broke 6 days before my sons EDD and that was my first. I didn't go the FULL 40 weeks, but don't worry! She'll be here soon enough. I completely understand your frustration at not having someone familiar for your visits this late in the pregnancy though. The contractions will be the "real deal" if they get stronger with time, closer together, and don't ease off by walking around and then resting. I was losing my mucus plug in bits for weeks and I was dialating for 5 weeks before before my water broke. It doesn't happen the same for everyone, but losing your plug or dialating doesn't mean you are in labor or even about to be. Hopefully other moms will have some advice too. Good luck!

LoveBnANavyWife
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Thanks ladies :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)