Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I am 37 weeks pregnant...3 centimeters dilated and 40% effaced, he is VERY VERY low.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am 37 weeks pregnant...3 centimeters dilated and 40% effaced, he is VERY VERY low. My OB said she will be shocked if I am still pregnant next week. I walked last night, *sorry tmi* had sex this morning to see if that would help getting me to 4 centimeters dilated. This is my 3rd baby. I lost my mucus plug most of it yesterday and some of it today.

I just need to have regular contractions again, and my OB will have me admitted. OPINIONS... I can't say when will I go into labor, because I am already 3 cm dilated almost out of the 1st phase of labor, almost at active labor stage... So, How long DO YOU think it's going to be until I am into that active labor stage? I am having mild contractions now,and my back is killing me. But nothing time able like they were to get me to the dilation I am now.

*** NO RUDE ANSWERS...***

FYI: With both  my girls, my water did not break on it's own, my OB had to break it at the hospital when I got there.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LoveBnANavyWife
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Not so sure, i'm jealous though because i'm 37 weeks too and I had an appt this morning, and i'm having lots of pains and been losing my plug also, so at my appt i wanted to be checked and well... i have a midwife and she dont like to check. grrrr. sooo here's a BUMP for you, hopefully soon though.

abra
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:36 PM

It is really difficult to say. With my first, I was dialted to 4cm, fully effaced and the baby was at station 0 at 36 weeks. She wasn't born until 43 weeks despite my best induction efforts.

With my 2nd, I was nothing at 40 weeks and she was born 4 days later without any help!

soontobemommyof
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Grr. I really hope it's soon. I don't want to be stuck at 3 cm's dialated for 2 weeks or so.....

Caitlin_mommyx3
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:51 PM

I'm jealous! I'm 37 weeks also with #3. I'm not sure how much progress i've made though... I have my Doctor appointment Thursday. I'm really hoping to be somewhat dilated.

We've been walking, cleaning, and sexing it up too lol!

Are you getting the cramps and contractions pretty regularly? I know I am... just no official labor yet... =/

soontobemommyof
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Not as regually as I was before. I was getting time able contractions for almost 2 hours. Going from 5 all the way down to 1-2 mins apart lasting for 1 min each. I took a shower and that stopped it. So, not going to take a shower this time w them when I get them.  But, no nothing time able.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN