Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When is dizzyness in pregnancy worrisome? **Updated**

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:32 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm 36 weeks today and am having horrible lightheaded/dizzy spells. My iron is fine. So its not anemia. I had sugary cereal a bit ago and I'm not diabetic so I don't think it's a blood sugar issue. But for almost the last hour it has felt sooo hard to breathe. And my head feels so fuzzy. It's hard to keep my eyes open (its like I just want to fall asleep). Baby is moving around a lot so I'm thinking it's Ok. I have tried sitting down, laying down, going outside for fresh air. It won't go away. Is this "normal" or should we be starting to wory at this point?

So I feel better after a nap. Still feeling kinda groggy and loopy but nowhere near how I did. And I took a 3 hour nap, so maybe it WAS just me being tired? If it gets bad again, I'm supposed to go in but since it lessened up the doc isn't too worried about it. He's pretty much chalking it up to exhaustion.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamNStefanMommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:34 PM
Should I take a nap and see if it goes away before rushing into the hospital? Or should I not worry at all?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacifuni
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:36 PM
is it hot where you are? I had a few episodes of this during a bad heat wave when I was 36 weeks and I was told to drink extra water and take a nap in a cool bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SullivanMommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:37 PM

bump

LoveBnANavyWife

Hmm yah maybe you should try and drink a lot of water and lay in a dark cool room and nap. If you wake up and you still feel the same call L&D and see what they say, it could be your BP or something.

abra

I would drink some water and take a nap. If you are still dizzy when you wake up, then call your ob.

SamNStefanMommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:40 PM
Hardly LOL its 68 outside and 65 in here. But yeah maybe water isn't such a bad idea. I can definitely get behind the nap idea since I'm so tired.

Quoting mamacifuni:

is it hot where you are? I had a few episodes of this during a bad heat wave when I was 36 weeks and I was told to drink extra water and take a nap in a cool bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrseckstein
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:40 PM
I would drink more water
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamNStefanMommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:41 PM
Ok. Going to chug some fluids and take a nap. Will update after. Thanks ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
General_Mamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:42 PM

IF there's been a recent change in the weather (i.e. sudden storms or going from humid to cool) that can do that.  If it were me, I'd drink a ton of water and nap and see where it goes.

Logansmommy34
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:44 PM

you may not be diabetic but you could be i think its hypoglycemic... where ure body reacts the opposite when you have something sugary first thing inthe morning.. im like that if i eat waffles with syrup. i jst want to ake a nap...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)