Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At a loss! Please help! (piog)

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:11 PM
  • 11 Replies

I hope someone can help me!

This is my story:

LAST PERIOD DATE: July 5th, 2010

I took an OPK on Sunday, July 18th, came up positive.   We had sex from Tuesday July 20th until Saturday, July 24th.   TOOK a pregnancy test on Friday, July 31st came up negative.  Repeat test on Monday, August 2nd , positive. 

On Monday, August 16th HCG levels were checked - 2,600

Re-checked on Wed., August 18th HCG 4,000

U/S on Thursday, August 19th (suppose to be just over 6 weeks)- sac only seen, measured at 5 weeks.

U/S on Monday, Aug. 30th (suppose to be 8 weeks) still only a sac, measured 5 wks 5 days.  HCG re-checked, now at 16,000.

My question is- is there a chance at a healthy baby at this point, or should I expect a miscarriage?  I have had no spotting/bleeding/cramping.  I have had little m. sickness. 

THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME!

Tara

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilyKC
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:15 PM

BUMP!

SullivanMommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:16 PM

That early you cant rely on the size quite yet. They were off with my baby for all 3 of my first u/s's before 13 weeks.

HillaryRenee
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:18 PM

I had a regular U/S at 9 weeks and we could see the baby

I would think that your OB would have called you if he/she was worried that something was wrong. You can always call and ask if you can't wait for your next appointment. I wish you the best.

danielle9705
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:18 PM

BUMP!

General_Mamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:19 PM

It's hard to tell with an u/s that early.  It seems to me like you HCG levels are going up as they should.

I wish I could be of more help.

ladyambition
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:19 PM

I had a u/s at 5wks all they seen was a sac. At 7wks we seen a growing fetus with a hb but we couldn't hear it yet.

towerjunkie1989
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:20 PM
your levels are going up so it looks good. All my pregnancies the girls have measured small. Do you have a family history of small babies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
llove12
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:20 PM
I had an ultrasound at 10 weeks and the baby was just a spec on the screen but they could hear the heartbeat. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaBoop922
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Seems like your levels are going up like they are supposed to... they just may be off on the date or it could just be too early... I didnt see anything until 8-9 weeks with mine... thats why most doctors wont check until then... Plus Im sure the doctor would have told you if something is wrong.  I would try to stay positive and not expect a miscarriage... I hope all goes well and talk to your doctor next time and let them know your concerns! Good Luck! 

young_spook
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Yeah, every time I get an ultrasound they end up changing my due date, don't worry hun, it'll work itself out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)