Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh Provider Vent!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

Well I am having serious problems finding a provider who will allow me a trail of labor, and I can't get my husband on board for a home birth. I made an appointment this morning with a high risk maternal fetal medicine group in the area that supposedly has a VBAC friendly provider on staff.

They set me up for a consult, and ultrasound on September 16th.
I am hoping the practice will be able to take me on fully, but in the mean time I also called a midwife office affiliated with this specific group also, and I am really hoping they can take me.

I hate the unknown though... it sucks!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
danielle9705
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:34 PM
ugh! how frusterating! i hope you find a provider that u like soon! good luck :)
CTRedSoxMom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Thanks!

I am worried that the person I find that will actually take me, I am going to hate and not have many more options.

Quoting danielle9705:

ugh! how frusterating! i hope you find a provider that u like soon! good luck :)

Hrivera5
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Why is your husband not comfortable with homebirth?  My husband was VERY hard to convince also, I just really really kept at him....we had lots and LOTS of heart to hearts and he FINALLY came around.  No birth centers near you?  I would hate for you to settle for someone that is not a VBAC supporter completely!

CTRedSoxMom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Its the fact that with our last son we ran into an emergency and had to have another c-section, so he isn't really supportive.

Plus the hospital here we would have to transfer to sucks!

Quoting Hrivera5:

Why is your husband not comfortable with homebirth?  My husband was VERY hard to convince also, I just really really kept at him....we had lots and LOTS of heart to hearts and he FINALLY came around.  No birth centers near you?  I would hate for you to settle for someone that is not a VBAC supporter completely!

Hrivera5
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Oh I see :(  What are the chances that the emergency that happened with baby #2 would happen again?  My husband enjoys statistics LOL, so that was helpful for him personally. 

But I do hope you find someone you are really comfortable with of course!

CTRedSoxMom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:27 PM

I am not 100% sure but I know that it was pretty rare that it happened to begin with. But its still worrying...

Quoting Hrivera5:

Oh I see :(  What are the chances that the emergency that happened with baby #2 would happen again?  My husband enjoys statistics LOL, so that was helpful for him personally. 

Hrivera5
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Yeah, rare or not...if something happened to me I would be worried about it again.  Good luck finding someone good and VBAC friendly!

truealaskanmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

I am not 100% sure but I know that it was pretty rare that it happened to begin with. But its still worrying...

Quoting Hrivera5:

how about a hotel HB near a better hossy?  with a mw you will have great monitoring and if an emergency happens youll have heads up and if not you deliver fine at the hotel

Army_Wife41
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:11 PM

That really stinks. Good luck to you. I hope you get the birth you want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)