Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

babysitting

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
i babysit one little girl right now and hope to be able to continue babysitting after my ds is born. i would like to babysit a few more kids so that i can make some money and be able to stay at home with my kids....my question is how many of u babysit and what do u charge? also, how many kids do u watch at a time? thanks in advance for all the info!!!!
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
danielle9705
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:29 PM

BUMP!

abra
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:40 PM

I used to babysit at my home. I charged depending on the situation. If I was helping out a single mom, I charged practically nothing, but families who had dual income and could afford it, I'd charge what the local daycares charge.

You have to look at state laws to see how many you are allowed to watch in house without getting a license.

HillaryRenee
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Depending on how many kids you want to watch you might have to get a license and CPR certified. I know here, VT, you can watch for 2 families w/o a license. If you're not licensed I wouldn't charge as much as someone who is... I think it also depends on how hands-on you plan on being with the children. My mom does daycare and she takes the kids to the park and the library every week... sometimes she'll add in extra trips and they throw b-day parties for every kids. My mom charges $130 a week 6 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and she includes lunch and a snack. She also has a $50 supplies charge in the beginning of the school year because she participates in a mother goose time curriculum... I think this is the website she uses http://www.mothergoosetime.com/default.php

danielle9705
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:35 PM
thanks for the info!!!
jcm28
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:20 PM

One option is charge by the hr  OR  charge one rate. Depending on how many hours the mom is working.  For ex my friend babysits and she changes 140.00.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)