Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you fight the cold/flu season?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:49 PM
  • 9 Replies

School has started and already people are coming down sick all over the place! How do you keep your family healthy?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
egurl85
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Get the flu shots!!!!!!!!!!! Never to early per CDC

aecooper
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:08 PM

washing our hands more and germx in my purse.  We don't do flu shots in my house... even my daughter who goes to daycare. 

MrsNewman
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:10 PM

My kids still don't start for 3 wks :P

When they do go back, we'll be doing A LOT of hand washing! Trying to teach them to keep their hands out of their mouths during the day .... they are only 3 and 4 yrs old!! We don't do flu vaccines, but they all had the H1N1 last yr, so im not to worried about that. 

General_Mamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:10 PM

We don't get the flu shot, mainly because half os us have wound up in the hospital after having it.. more than once.

We wash more often, clean the house with more bleach/antiseptic than usual.  Teach good sneezing/coughing habits (to avoid sharing) and we uptake the vitamins... rather than the usual daily, we use the airborne booster for travel.

It never fails that we get the sniffles, but since the last time we had the flu shot (3yrs ago), we haven't had it progess further.

miyucamui
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:16 PM

I have all of us wash our hands constantly.

I never get sick though.

wiser_then_ever
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:19 PM

ugh NOway to avoid in this house :( doesnt matter what shots we take or how many times we wash our hands...lex and i ALWAYS end up sick quite a bit :( you sneeze BAM we have the flu... going to be a long prego winter!

MommyToBeOfTwo
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:50 PM
Flu shots,hand sanitizer,we keep to ourselves as much as possible too and don't take ds too many places.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:07 PM

We fight it mostly through sleep and what we are eating.

palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Herbal teas.....vitamins and suppliments.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)