Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pelvic & Groin Pressure

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

I will be 16 weeks tomorrow with #2. I noticed today when I stood up that I have alot of pelvic (bones and ligaments) pressure and alot of swelling and a full feeling in whats basically my crotch (tmi sorry) and groin area. I never had this with my DD until the VERY end (Im talking like the last few days) so I was curious. I dont have a doctor to call so Im asking here.

BabyFruit Ticker
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
General_Mamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Here's another TMI question, but needs to be asked.  When's the last time you had a bowel movement (sp?).  I ALWAYS get a lot of that in the 2nd trimester, and the majority of it is due to "intestinal crowding (not being able to clear it fully and it moving to make room for baby).

Also.. have you eaten anything different today than usual?

pregnancy week by week
kaygarcia97
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Quoting General_Mamma:

Here's another TMI question, but needs to be asked.  When's the last time you had a bowel movement (sp?).  I ALWAYS get a lot of that in the 2nd trimester, and the majority of it is due to "intestinal crowding (not being able to clear it fully and it moving to make room for baby).

Also.. have you eaten anything different today than usual?

last time was yesterday im pretty lucky to NOT have that problem during pregnancy. Oh and no I eat pretty much the same stuff all the time. Veggies, fruit, meat, cereal. Nothing weird.

BabyFruit Ticker
TotallyWarped
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:10 PM
I had this too. Never went away and now that she's dropped (I'm 38 weeks), it's worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyMorton40
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Well, your body is stretching a widening so everything feels weird! During pregnancy your "down there" region swells up anyway so that's probably what you feel. I remember looking at myself down there and I thought I looked "fluffy". LOL But on a serious note, you need to have a doctor..especially being that far along. I'm a little more concerned about that than the pressure. Get yourself a doctor ASAP!! I know it's expensive, but that's all part of the responsibility of having a baby.

kaygarcia97
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Quoting MommyMorton40:

Well, your body is stretching a widening so everything feels weird! During pregnancy your "down there" region swells up anyway so that's probably what you feel. I remember looking at myself down there and I thought I looked "fluffy". LOL But on a serious note, you need to have a doctor..especially being that far along. I'm a little more concerned about that than the pressure. Get yourself a doctor ASAP!! I know it's expensive, but that's all part of the responsibility of having a baby.

If my insurance would stop dicking me around! Ive had several ultrasounds and I meet with an RN when I get the ultrasounds done. Ive been on them EVERY DAY since 6wks to get me in to see someone. I had an OB. Went and saw them then they magically stopped accepting our insurance. I have to get a referal to see another OB from a PCM. I dont have a PCM because nobody will see me b/c Im pregnant. Im moving to SC in November back to a base and I will have care then

BabyFruit Ticker
jcm28
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:59 PM

i have its with my third i did go to the hospital and they said it was normal

General_Mamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:02 PM

As MommyMorton said.. it's likely the usual stretching and adjusting your body is doing.  I finally started to "feel" pregnant around 15wks.. but I agree about the doctor. I hope you get seen soon, and if you're VERY worried about this, go to the ER.  Better some care, right now.

palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Quoting kaygarcia97:

Quoting MommyMorton40:

If my insurance would stop dicking me around! Ive had several ultrasounds and I meet with an RN when I get the ultrasounds done. Ive been on them EVERY DAY since 6wks to get me in to see someone. I had an OB. Went and saw them then they magically stopped accepting our insurance. I have to get a referal to see another OB from a PCM. I dont have a PCM because nobody will see me b/c Im pregnant. Im moving to SC in November back to a base and I will have care then

My insurance dropped me in my 8th month....so I am not seeing any drs now. Yeah...it's BS I know however, I do have a holistic dr that i pay out of pocket for but I only see him as needed. Pregnancy is normal and not a medical problem. As long as you are knowledgable, in tune with your body and take responsibility for YOUR health, you don't "need" a dr to walk you through your pregnancy. ALl they really do is check urine, BP, fundal height and heart tones...all of which you can do at home. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)