Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please pray

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:19 PM
  • 8 Replies

My poor dh found out yesterday that he has shingles. The doctor told it was the worse case he has seen in a long time.

I am having to keep our DD away from him, because he can cause her to get chicken pox, and I am having to sleep in DD's room with her because I am not suppose to be around him while being pregnant. I am not sure what can happen but everyone keeps saying to stay away from him until he heals.

So please keep us all in your prayers.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
preggos2
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:20 PM

my Bro in law had them, they are kind of painful but he will be ok :)

Jess0915
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:21 PM
Prayers & hugs! It must be so hard to keep away. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaBoop922
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Good Luck!! Hope he gets well soon... 

mrseckstein
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:23 PM
I'm praying for him and your family! Poor guy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mojob85
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:27 PM
Praying for you guys! I hope he has a speedy recovery. *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NaturalMommy10
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:37 PM

If I am remembering correctly (talk to your doctor of course) shingles is the adult version of chicken pox.  That is why it is so important to expose your children to it when they are little.  It pales in comparison to the adult mess which can actually be dangerous.  I do know that if you have not had it and you are exposed to it while pregnant, it can (again, check with your doctor) cause so much damage it can even kill the unborn child.  If you have had them, your immunity should protect the baby. 

bahamamama312
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:39 PM

It sux to have to stay away, but hell be ok :) Good luck momma!!

palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Chicken pox will not kill your DD...in fact it's better that she get them now instead of having a vaccine for a non-fatal childhood illness and NEVER be fully immune to them. It increases her risk of getting shingles when she is an adult. As for you...as long as you've had chicken pox as a child, you chould be just fine. :)

At least this is what I was told by a dr. 7 years ago when my ex had shingles and I had a newborn. We're fine all these years later. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)