Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did anyone else cry like a girl when.....

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:02 PM
  • 7 Replies

They dropped their kid(s) off for their first day of school?  DS started 1st grade today and I was a wreck.  I didn't want to leave.  He didn't need me, but I wasn't ready to go.  The teacher had to tell the parents to go (I'm glad I wasn't the only one)!  We did get to stay for the opening assembly and got to see his 8th grade buddy.  But still, I can't believe my baby is in school all day now.  I drove away feeling like something was missing.  I totally cried like a girl and DH laughed at me.  :)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Gender PredictionGet your own gender prediction!
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Kam06
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Aww! My almost 4yr old started preschool last week and I was very close to crying. The teacher had to pull her away from me. She's doing much better now.

BoosMommy12
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:17 PM

My dd is starting preschool in 2 weeks and I am so sure I will cry just thinking about it makes me tear up.

palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:19 PM

I BAWLED my eyes out when both my girls entered the school system. Last year when I sent my youngest DD to Kindergarden I was a complete mess....this year I have a 4th grader and 1st grader...I still cried yesterday when they got on the bus. lol Today, I embraced the quiet.

kbaby1624
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:19 PM

my oldest son is in prek right now but i think wen he starts kindergarten next yr is wen i will break down!

TAY-NATESMOM
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:44 PM

I cried like a baby when my 8yr old started pre-k & kindergarden, Now I have a 3rd grader & my baby is in pre-k....Yes I will cry like a baby on the 7th when they start school!! I know my 3yr old is going to cry when we have to leave him!!

truealaskanmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Well I am not there yet my DD is 2 so 3 years until kindergarten, but at least I know that my DH will be right there with me crying too. 

RodeoGirlUSA1
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:35 PM

oh my goodness im going to when i drop off bailey for her first day of preschool!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)