Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diet Soda links to premature births

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:12 PM
  • 13 Replies

Diet Soda Article Click Here

Read the above article and give me your feedback.

How much diet soda do you drink?

Have you ever had a premature birth?

Do you think the soda was related?

Personally, I am not a soda drinker so I am just curious.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BoosMommy12
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I used to drink a ton of diet soda before I was pregnant I still drank it a little before I knew how bad it was now its very rare that I will take a sip. I still drink regular soda tho but try to drink more juices and water.

palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I do not drink Diet Soda.....ever. I steer clear of MOST artifical products and eat/drink as organic as possible. I've done this for years since my disability....it's actually made a difference in how I am affected and how I feel everyday.

shellie830
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:21 PM

I do not drink Diet anything because I hate the way it tastes like do do!Lol No I also have never had a premature birth late one yes!

MommyRuby2008
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:23 PM

thanks for commenting

Pandana
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:29 PM

I think diet soda tastes TERRIBLE, myself. All artificial sweeteners do. The flavor of them makes me gag. But I don't think they're especially healthy either.

There is absoluately no evidence that artificial sweeteners aid in weight management anyway, so it's a complete mystery to me as to why so many people consume them (diabetics aside). What's the point?

Like Dr. Oz said, we WAY overestimate how fattening a teaspoon of sugar is. Tere's nothign wrong with a little bit of sugar ere and here, but since we don't know for sure what the long term effects of the concumption of these chemicals are, why are we risking it? You couldn't pay me to drink diet soda, pregnant or not.

kysmom642
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:21 PM

I never drank diet soda and still had a premature birth. To me if it is going to happen, it will happen.

General_Mamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I have never had a diet soda in my life.. and have had 4 preterm pregnancies (with 2 preterm deliveres)

abra
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:27 PM

I hate the way diet anything tastes! I'd much rather deal with the realish sugar then go with the fake ones!

Gallivan07
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:27 PM

I LOVE Diet Coke...it's pretty much that, water, or iced tea.  We don't keep any soda in our house though so the only time I treat myself is when I go out.  And when i do, I only drink one, and I ask them not to give me any refills.  It says more than 4 on a regular basis so I doubt I will have any problems associated.  I agree with the article that everything should be done in moderation.  You should never eat or drink too much of one thing.  They can probably prove that anything is unsafe in mass quantities....including things that are healthy for you.  

young_spook
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:29 PM

I never eat diet anything while pregnant unless you count potato bread and neufchatel cheese but those things are nummy..... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)