Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Answer me this.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:45 PM
  • 14 Replies

How is it that you can gain no weight but not be able to fit into your old clothes anymore?

Okay so I am 3 months pg and last month when I got weighed I actually lost weight. And just yesterday they said I didn't gain or loose weight. I stayed exactly the same. Then how come I can't fit into hardly any of my clothes. All the clothes that used to be really loose of me hardly fit. And this is every day I am running out of clothes to wear. HELP!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shellie830
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Maybe your hips are stretching out? I haven't gained any yet either and am 23 weeks and there is no way I would fit into anything but mat clothes with this belly:)

maybebaby83
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:49 PM

i agree.. i bet your hips have widened...

ForeverInLove
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:53 PM
I am 32 weeks pregnant and I still haven't gained any weight. I don't fit into anything of mine!

Think of it this way. You are actually losing weight. You, yourself, are losing body fat and/or muscle. You are not ingesting more calories than before and so baby is using the calories you usually use. Your body now doesn't have enough calories to maintain your fat and muscle, thus, you lose weight, but baby and uterus gain weight.

Also, your hips have already begun widening, and your belly has become firm and is possibly sticking out some.

Does that make sense?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Countrygerl
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Quoting shellie830:

Maybe your hips are stretching out? I haven't gained any yet either and am 23 weeks and there is no way I would fit into anything but mat clothes with this belly:)

Huh I never thought of that. Too bad no one carries maternity wear around here. I guess I will just have to go clothes shopping.

shellie830
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Quoting Countrygerl:

Quoting shellie830:

Huh I never thought of that. Too bad no one carries maternity wear around here. I guess I will just have to go clothes shopping.

Go shopping girl have fun! I was just at Old Navy and they have leggings on sale for like 4.50! Get some of those and some longer shirts you should be okay with that and they're super comfy! The one I went to was an outlet so I also got an additional 40% off that 4.50!

CafeMom Tickers
babyboy117
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:59 PM

It's probaly because your body shape is changing. I know my hips have widened. I even have some light stretch marks on my hips from it. I can't pull up alot of my pants past my hips.

Countrygerl
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Quoting ForeverInLove:

I am 32 weeks pregnant and I still haven't gained any weight. I don't fit into anything of mine!

Think of it this way. You are actually losing weight. You, yourself, are losing body fat and/or muscle. You are not ingesting more calories than before and so baby is using the calories you usually use. Your body now doesn't have enough calories to maintain your fat and muscle, thus, you lose weight, but baby and uterus gain weight.

Also, your hips have already begun widening, and your belly has become firm and is possibly sticking out some.

Does that make sense?

It totally makes sense. Thanks for the info. I never thought of it that way. And my belly is definitely sticking out. I keep thing good lord we are going to have twins judging on how my belly is sticking out. lol

abra

Exactly! I am 30 weeks and have a belly, and I am wearing bigger clothes, but I still haven't gained any weight (due to hyperemesis).

See, here is me  before I got pregnant again..

and NOW:

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Does that make sense?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
General_Mamma

I have gained 4 of the 15lbs I lost.. I am 24wks4d today.  I still wear all of my pre-pregnancy jeans.. NO, not because I'm lucky, but because I use a hair tie as a button and keep them flapping always.. have bought maternity shirts, though and won't go out of the house without my bella band.

That being said.. I had A LOT more swelling in the first trimester than I do now (at least around my legs/thighs/hips area).

palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:03 PM

It's the way you may be "carrying" weight now. Or you could be spreading bone wise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)