Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help. not sure if this is normal.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:18 PM
  • 7 Replies
I've been having heart palpitations for 3 days now. They seem worse when I an lying down, but I have at least a few every hour and sometimes 3 to 4 a minute. What's going on? I am 17 weeks by the way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
General_Mamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:21 PM

It can't hurt to call and ask your doctor.

I have arrhythmia, and during pregnancy it gets worse.  You're growing a human in there.. and it will take quite a toll on your body.  BUT, if it's not normal for YOU, then it can't hurt to be seen.

Better safe than sorry! Good Luck!

marshakay
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:22 PM

have you told your doc about this? i would think they would want to know about something like that...to keep an eye on it and such

ryonica
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:23 PM

not sure, but here's a bump

abra
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:26 PM

I would definitely call your doctor about it just to be safe.

palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:28 PM

I've had the same type of thing happen this pregnancy. Our hearts do pump harder and our blood volume increases during pregnancy. My dr I was seeing wasn't too concerned about it.

young_spook
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:30 PM

I'd probably call your doctor.

rebecca_bullard
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:31 PM

With the added blood volume and increase in blood flow....if you have an arythmia, heart palpatations or a heart murmer, the effects can increase during pregnancy. I actually have all 3...and so when Ive exerted myself too much, or lay down or something like that, I always get wicked heart palpatations. For myself personally...its not a major concern. Bring it up with your doc though..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)