Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 more weeks!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:20 PM
  • 5 Replies

2 more weeks until my due date! I just had my third ultrasound and baby is still measuring very large with an even larger head (the ultrasound pic shows she's allll cheeks!). I suffered from macrosomia with my first pregnancy (he was 10 pounds 0 ounces and 23 inches long) so it seems it's happening again. My OB says my cervix is too strong and won't dialate or thin so she gave me a very vigarous exam yesterday... to which I'm still bleeding from... but if I'm still not progressing by my next appointment I'm going to get another ultrasound to determine how much longer I can wait for her.  I guess her head is so large she's actually stuck in my pelvis already, so she won't drop... same as my first pregnancy :(  Her amniotic fluids were okay as of last week so we'll see! I had to have an emergency c-sec with my first child because eventually his fluid levels were too low. I was hoping for a VBAC but it's looking rather slim at this point...

What's your latest news mommas?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
I'm a proud breastfeeding, baby wearing, anti-CIO, vaccinating, cloth diapering, cloth pad wearing, pro-life, vegetarian, crunchy momma!
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BoosMommy12
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I love the pic of your first baby so cute!!!!! I love the chubby cheeks!! Good luck!

Zhi
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Thanks haha  :)  

Quoting BoosMommy12:

I love the pic of your first baby so cute!!!!! I love the chubby cheeks!! Good luck!

KandiB
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:56 PM

I've got two weeks left too! I also had a "vigorous exam" today and actually had to stay longer so they could monitor my bleeding. My doctor estimated that my baby girl is already about 8 pounds and brought up the idea of having an elective c-section if I go past my due date. I'm not too excited about that... I had a growth ultrasound done at 36 weeks. She said if I make it to 40 weeks, they'll do another growth ultrasound.

I'm somewhere between one and two cm dilated, and about 60% effaced. I've been having regular contractions since last Thursday. I'm so uncomfortable, and I'm so ready to have this baby! :)

General_Mamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Good luck!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Good luck hun!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)