Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you do anything to avoid tearing? If so, did it work?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:52 PM
  • 9 Replies

Did you do anything to avoid tearing? If so, did it work?

~Married since 10.17.09~ 

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SuperMILFof2
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:13 PM
My Dr. tried really hard to avoid it by holding a warm cloth down there as my son crowned. It didn't work and I tore a little. But it was an easier and faster recovery than the episiotomy I got with my daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveBnANavyWife
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Bump!

General_Mamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:15 PM

If you can manage.. massage and stretch the lowest area (toward your bum), as it's the toughest part.  I'd say daily or twice daily after 30wks (or whenever you choose).  I use vitamin E oil.  The only one that I DIDN'T do this with, was my first.. and I had sever tears inside and out, and a lot of retearing during recovery.

pregnancy week by week
doulala
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Yes!!
And YES!

:-)

My 10-pounder practically fell out of me:  it was an Ecstatic Birth!

Delivering spontaneously, in private, following instinctive cues, I did a lot of things!  
(*Much better than my smaller baby that tore me badly!)

General_Mamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:20 PM
mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:21 PM

BUMP!

seddon151
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:28 PM

I didn't do anything and I tore pretty bad. I don't think I'll do anything with my next either. What will happen, will happen.

palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:30 PM

What did you do and when did you start???

Quoting doulala:

Yes!!
And YES!

Delivering spontaneously, in private, following instinctive cues, I did a lot of things!  

doulala
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I started becoming informed on what birth is and how to have it be as safe & natural as possible.    The environment, company, and confidence are a priority.    Mom must have faith in the normal process~   knowing that birthing the way she was meant to is most important.     = Instinctively.

Our tissue is meant to stretch~   it will with surrender, relaxation, comfort.    NO coached pushing, mom's hand on her perineum, blowing O's with her lips...     all excellent for crowning.

It is normal to labor upright, working with gravity, to not push intentionally, but to just allow baby to pass through.   Appreciating this and surrendering to it is soooo helpful!  :-)
We can feel less pain, more pleasure, reduce complications, help baby to be born drug-free, etc...    :-D

Quoting palemoon21:

What did you do and when did you start???

Quoting doulala:

Yes!!
And YES!

How DARE Mother Nature question SCIENCE!       ~Mike Tymeson

The impossible is often the untried.       ~Jim Goodwin

Women's bodies have their own wisdom, and a system of birth refined over 100,000 generations is not so easily overpowered.      ~Sarah Buckley

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)