Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

worried..... baby may have

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:53 PM
  • 29 Replies

Savannah did good for the ultra sound. got lots of great pics of her and she was kicking the hell outa me.

my bleed has completely healed up YAY..... but.... the dr thinks she may have a heart defect and may have down syndrom. He said i could do the amnio as soon as in the morning to find out. when he was looking at her heart he saw a very brite spot and said that without that spot the risk of d.s. is 1 in 1200, with this spot my chances are 1 in 600. i opted to wait because he said doing it right now i would most likely miscarry and its not worth it. i have another u/s oct 11th to see if the could couple things he spotted are still there and then if they are we will talk about doing the amnio again then because the risk to miscarry wont be as high. this is just a bit of a chock because i never had to go thru this with my boys......

but other then that she is perfect. she weighed 1 lb 2 oz.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BoosMommy12
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Good Luck I hope everything turns out fine. Its good to hear that the baby is doing well. 1/600 is till pretty low chances stay positive :)

maybebaby83
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Good luck!!
I will say a little prayer for you tonight!! I bet she will be perfect!  

Pregnancy%20ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
CAMKsMom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:09 PM

I could have done an amnio to find out more about the health of my baby.  I opted not to because at any time, it is an invasive test.  For me knowing whether my baby did or didn't have Down's wouldn't have changed a thing.  I didn't love her any more or any less because of a health condition that she may or may not have. 

I wish the best for you, your baby, and your family. 

(My hubby's birthday is October 25 so he alway got orange cakes for his birthday...I guess your daughter will get red and green? :-P)

LoveBnANavyWife
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Aww, good luck! I hope everything turns out fine!

BTW, my name is Savanna :)

we have the same name!

palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Good luck!! Just remember that tests and even u/s can be misleading and wrong. :)

cheergurl84
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:57 PM
Honestly don't worry about it too much. At my son's 20 week ultrasound we were told the exact same thing with his heart. He was born with NO downs. Often times it's just a shadow they see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofthree626
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:58 PM

thanks momma..... and either way she is very loved and will be perfect no matter what could be wrong........

Quoting CAMKsMom:

I could have done an amnio to find out more about the health of my baby.  I opted not to because at any time, it is an invasive test.  For me knowing whether my baby did or didn't have Down's wouldn't have changed a thing.  I didn't love her any more or any less because of a health condition that she may or may not have. 

I wish the best for you, your baby, and your family. 

(My hubby's birthday is October 25 so he alway got orange cakes for his birthday...I guess your daughter will get red and green? :-P)

momofthree626
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:00 PM

thanks for all the positive feed back..... i have had a few moms tell me they went thru this and nothing was wrong in the end...... it was just a shocker as this is my 4th baby and never went thru it with the others..... she is my perfect princess and i love her so much no matter what. her brothers cant wait to meet her and protect her.......

chell.chell
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Good luck! I wouldn't get the amnio at all if it won't make a difference to you either way. It is way too dangerous. Good luck mama! 

sblynch05
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:01 PM

my dd had a bright spot also on her heart and they sent us to get a level 3 ultrasound and they ended up telling us that it was nothing and she would out grow it by the time she was born. she is now 18 months and as healthy as can be. good luck and dont worry too much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)