Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

twins?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:56 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi everyone!!  Okay, so I have a three year old and now I'm about ten weeks pregnant.  I'm really, really showing!  My stomach is hard and I look much farther along.  I'm a twin, myself, so I'm just wondering what yall thought.  I go to the doctor in two weeks for a check up, but I'm just wondering if this is normal?  Should I be noticably showing at ten weeks?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
chadsmom05
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:32 PM
you show faster and get bigger the more kids you have. so its prob just that. i heard that the guy determines if you have twins or not, but im not sure if thats true.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnasMommy7
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:34 PM

The more pregnancies you have, the quicker you show...

MOMMY OF 2 GIRLS! HAPPILY MARRIED! COLLEGE STUDENT! SAHM!
Expecting #3!
Gender PredictionGet your own gender prediction!
Pregnancy%20ticker
wiser_then_ever
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:35 PM

this is my 1st prenancy and i had a belly at 10wks!! now at 12ish and even bigger...

xoxoamber2010
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:38 PM

I was showing at 6 weeks. my doctor said that the more you have the faster you show.

pregnancy
General_Mamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I had a bit of a bump at 10wks as well.. the swelling came soon after.  It could be just that this isn't your first, but I guess you'll find out soon enough if it's twins or a singleton (to be sure).

ShannaBee
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I'm a twin too! But I've only got one in there! From everything I've been told the chances of you having twins if you are a fraternal twin is higher than a woman who is not a twin. If you're an identical twin, the chances of you having twins is low. But it is known to happen!

Also, with your second pregnancy you are going to show sooner and more than the first because your muscles are already relaxed.

funmom05
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:49 PM

thanks everyone!!  everyone that sees me is like - wow, how far along did you say you were?  i love being pregnant and it's exciting that i'm already showing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)