Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I NEED YOUR ADVISE AND SUPPORT!!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:14 PM
  • 11 Replies
So last Wednesday I found out I was pregnant and according to the doctors I am at about 5 weeks. My husband and I have been thrilled and super excited, I mean we been for a whole year after having a miscarriage.Well after today the happy story has changed into a bitter-sweet situation.I went to the doctor today to get checked because last Saturday I had some light pink spotting and been cramping. I am no longer spotting, it was a one time thing and I only get cramps every now and then but other than that I been feeling good. Well at the appointment I was told that my HCG levels are way too low and those news just got me into tears since I've already experience a miscarriage a year ago and was not able to conceive again until now.When I heard those words I felt like my whole world had just been crushed. Those were the exact same words I heard a year ago and it ended up in a miscarriage. The doctor said that there is a big possibility that this pregnancy will end in a miscarriage unless that bleeding on Saturday was implantation bleeding which would put me in about 3 weeks or so and that's why the levels are so low.I don't know what to do, I feel helpless and confused. I want to be positive and hope for the best but in the back of my mind I know I need to be realistic. What I do know is that this pregnancy is different than last one. With my first pregnancy I was bleeding the entire time and one out of the four tests came positive. After a few days I had the miscarriage and that was the end of it. This time I only spotted on Saturday and it was very little and very light. Also, I took four pregnancy tests and they all came up positive I tested on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday and they all came up positive. My breasts have been very sore and I do have cravings. I mean the only reason that I know something is not normal is because of those blood work tests for my HCG levels. The doctor prescribed me some progesterone pill to insert in the vagina to get my body used to them and hopefully it will start producing them by itself. My question is, has anyone been through this or have you heard of someone who experienced the same and had a healthy pregnancy? I am hoping that the doctor is right and that I am at an earlier pregnancy than we thought and that's why my hormones are so low. Please tell me what you think. I really need to hear from you because I feel so lonely and scared. Thanks!! -Alejandra.
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperMILFof2
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:17 PM
I don't really have any advice except to just hang in there and try not to stress. I've lost a baby too so I feel for you and send you a hug. I also went on to have a healthy baby a year after. I hope the best for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Quoting SuperMILFof2:

I don't really have any advice except to just hang in there and try not to stress. I've lost a baby too so I feel for you and send you a hug. I also went on to have a healthy baby a year after. I hope the best for you!

She has some good advice.

Just take care of yourself and try not to worry too much. :) Things will all work out!

General_Mamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:45 PM

I agree... easier said then done, though.  Once bitten, twice shy they say.  I don't have any personal experience to offer you here, as my MCs were before a test could show positive... BUT, I can say that it's very common for HCG levels to even out and be fine!

*hugs* Keep us updated!

MichelleH86
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:53 PM

my friend went to the doctor bc she took a home pregnancy test and it came back positive. well when she went to the doctor she got blood work done and they told her that her HGC levels were too low, and she would probably have to have a surgery to remove the remainder of the fetus. well she put a a huuuuugggee fight, and luckily she did. She fought for and ultrasound and good thing she did bc DD was still alive and well, her leverls were just low. Now her little girl is healthy and happy!! and she is so happy everyday that she fought for her daughter~

aphrodite7400
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:57 PM

no advise here but i pray the best for your honey!  hugs---  and stay postive! hugs---

candlelight777
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:58 PM
I went through this twice last that ended in miscarriage. As so as I got my BFP this year I called the dr & she started me on progesterone also. It seems to have helped this time around. I'm almost 14 weeks and al everything is going good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaBoop922
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Just try to stay positive... Ive had two miscarriages and they told me it would be a while before I could get pregnant after the last one, well three months later I got pregnant and its been going great! I didnt need hormones but I have heard or women using them and having spotting and having healthy pregnancies... Just keep sending nice thoughts to that belly and dont lose hope!! Good Luck and I wish you a happy healthy pregnancy! 

NewbieMommy125
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 7:52 PM
YaaaaaaaaaaaaY!!!!! I am so excited. My doctor E-mailed me to give me the good news. After getting more blood work done the doctor said that my HCG levels are doubling accordingly and that my progesterone levels have gone from a .3 to 18.9 which is a huge difference. She thinks I should keep taking those progesterone pills until I'm about 10 weeks pregnant. My husband and I are so happy, things are starting to look better. I also want to thank you all for the wonderful messages you sent. They really helped me a lot. I was feeling very depressed and hopeless but after reading them I decided to be positive. Like my husband said you are pregnant until you are not, no matter what the doctor said. Well Thanks once again. I will keep you post it. -Alejandra
General_Mamma
by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 7:55 PM

I am thrilled to hear it!!

Quoting NewbieMommy125:

YaaaaaaaaaaaaY!!!!! I am so excited. My doctor E-mailed me to give me the good news. After getting more blood work done the doctor said that my HCG levels are doubling accordingly and that my progesterone levels have gone from a .3 to 18.9 which is a huge difference. She thinks I should keep taking those progesterone pills until I'm about 10 weeks pregnant. My husband and I are so happy, things are starting to look better. I also want to thank you all for the wonderful messages you sent. They really helped me a lot. I was feeling very depressed and hopeless but after reading them I decided to be positive. Like my husband said you are pregnant until you are not, no matter what the doctor said. Well Thanks once again. I will keep you post it. -Alejandra

pregnancy week by week
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Hugs and prayers for a healthy and happy pregnancy!

Quoting NewbieMommy125:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)