Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnant women need special chairs.

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:22 PM
  • 10 Replies
I think they need to invent a chair that reclines, and is comfy yet supportive with lumber support. It needs to be easy to get out of as well.

And the most important detail... Held at a much lower cost for pregnant women!

I am so sore! All we have is an unsupprtive couch and a shitty chair. I have a knot in my shoulder and a knot in my side. I can barely get off this couch because it sits too low. I'm so uncomfy...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoxoamber2010
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:23 PM

I totally agree!!

pregnancy
norahsmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:25 PM

You need one of those chairs for elderly people that is like a lazy boy, but tips up so it basically dumps you out of it when you need to stand up.  I wished I had  one when preggo!

General_Mamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:26 PM

I agree!  I'm lucky enough to have an amazing computer chair, that consequently is the most comfy place for me to be.

palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:29 PM

LOL And my bed is WAY to high off the ground. I have to use my kid's step stool now to get into bed. (when I am having really bad contractions)

It seems nothing is the right height or comfort level at the moment.

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Agreed. It's so hard to get off of our couch unless I sit between the cushions. Getting out of bed is even worse for me.

CafeMom Tickers
General_Mamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:35 PM

LOL picturing my morning routine is funny.. going through it, not so much.  I have to use one of my arms to throw my right leg toward the edge, so the rest of me follows.... and I'm only in my 6th month O.O I can't wait to set the crane up soon!

Quoting mrsniebo:

Agreed. It's so hard to get off of our couch unless I sit between the cushions. Getting out of bed is even worse for me.

pregnancy week by week
CelestialVal
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:36 PM

clapping

ForeverInLove
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:32 AM
Lol... I like the old fart chair that dumps you off. Lol. It would work! But it still has to be comfy!

My sciatic hurts so much lately and so do my hips. Then all these sore and knotted muscles... I just hope getting on and off the bus twice a day for my son won't be a problem for me. He starts 3 year school on the 8th and I have to physically get him in his seat (5pt harness) and get him off every week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starrymonkey
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:34 AM

My only real problem with our couch is getting off it - that's a process!  But I do think that as soon as a woman hits her third trimester she should be given a handicap placard that's good for six months for her car!  

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

jesi817
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:45 AM

100% agree

Quoting starrymonkey:

My only real problem with our couch is getting off it - that's a process!  But I do think that as soon as a woman hits her third trimester she should be given a handicap placard that's good for six months for her car!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)