Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:36 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok so my LO is 6 days old and he will not sleep in his bassinet at night I haven't been getting hardly any sleep at all!!! The only way that I can get him to sleep is to sleep holding him while I'm sitting straight up in the chair trying to get some sleep myself. I change him, bf, swaddle, rock everything but I can't get him to sleep independently during the night.  I can get him too during the day for short periods of time. Any suggestions for me I could really use a little sleep and I really miss my bed!!!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
General_Mamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:38 PM

I have had some the prefered side sleeping, and loved being swaddled, as long as their legs could fly free.

It could be any number of things.  Is the bassinet next to your bed, by chance? He may just be having seperation issues?

JenC447
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Yes I keep the bassinet right next to my bed.

Quoting General_Mamma:

I have had some the prefered side sleeping, and loved being swaddled, as long as their legs could fly free.

It could be any number of things.  Is the bassinet next to your bed, by chance? He may just be having seperation issues?

wiser_then_ever
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:42 PM

heres a bump - lexi was always a GREAT sleeper so no idea

seddon151
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Oh you poor thing!!! I had a hard time with my ds in the beginning. I would be up all night breast feeding him, rocking him, holding him while he slept. Have you tried a pacifier? I did not want to use one. My friend told me she gave her ds a pacifer and he slept through the night. It did not work for me but it worked for her. What about the temperature in the room? My ds would not sleep well if he was too hot. I know it's hard not getting any sleep, but I'm not sure you can do anything at only 6 days old. My ds is just over 8 months old. Some nights he sleeps through and others he's up once. I never brought him in bed with me and he sleeps in his crib. Just hang in there, it will get easier, it just takes time!

General_Mamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:54 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)